Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 08:33:51 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Teenager Running Carrying A Wooden Cross
« previous next »
: [1]
: Teenager Running Carrying A Wooden Cross  ( 8385 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 15, 2009, 07:36:59 AM »

Every once in a while one sees strange things.  About 4:30 yesterday afternoon, I was driving home from the village and when I got to the Fairfax Town Garage, there were a couple of cars parked there.  One guy seemed to be looking up and down the road and one woman was sitting in a lawn chair in back of a station wagon that had the tailgate up.  I thought, this sure seems like a strange place to have a picnic.

As I drove up the road and got closer to Sandersons Corners Cemetery, I saw a young man running like crazy down the road holding what appeared to be a two foot high plain wooden cross in front of him.  I seriously thought of turning around and following him to see if he was meeting the people down at The Town Garage.

Strange!!  Strange!!  Strange!!

Henry Raymond
Sue W.
: 167

« #1 : August 15, 2009, 09:24:04 AM »

That's very odd.  I saw a young woman running with a wooden cross on route 7 in Georgia yesterday afternoon around 2:30.  I wonder what this is all about.
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : August 15, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »

Must be more than you and I that saw this Sue - Unusual sight, hate it when I miss an opportunity like this to find out something.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : August 16, 2009, 02:00:18 AM »

Maybe it was a Pagan holiday OR a NE Patriots ritual OR they had some FERMENTED apples.
Just be lucky he was clothed.
cedarman
: 370

« #4 : August 17, 2009, 05:47:47 AM »

It certainly would be a good way to show one's dedication to his/her religion, and maybe get some people interested. 
mirjo
: 785

« #5 : August 17, 2009, 09:06:58 AM »

Hmm...young people sited running with crosses, in two different locations in a northern Vt county...I wonder if this is signalling something huge, like The Late JC's next big arrival or a hoax like that rabbit thing a few years ago, where painted or chalk drawn rabbits kept appearing randomly on the roads in FC.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Kathleen

« #6 : August 17, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »

I saw the cross also, but the runner was a man in his 40s/50s (I'm just not good at guessing age) running through Milton.  It must be a relay to support some charity or cause; would probably be better for the charity/cause if a little exposure and communication about the relay was mentioned beforehand.  I didn't see anything on the local news or in the BFP when I did a search. 

If anyone finds out, make sure to let us know.  I don't know about anyone else, but curiosity is definitely getting the better of me!
Sue W.

« #7 : August 17, 2009, 11:13:01 AM »

They must be very dedicated to their cause, as it was pretty hot outside to be running down the road!  I hope someone will et us know what they were doing!
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : August 17, 2009, 05:53:52 PM »

Our newest registered forum member, vanaeraa sent me the following information regarding what the situation was regarding the teenager running carrying a wooden cross:

GODSTOCK 2009
Friday, August 14
6:30pm   Crossing With The Cross: We will be doing the Olympic lighting of the torch to start off GODSTOCK  Friday night.  Instead of passing the torch from state to state we will be passing a Cross from town to town finishing off with the lighting of the big torch Friday night. All runners are to wear their “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ” t-shirts.  We are going to go from Fairfield to Bakersfield to Fletcher to Binghamville to Fairfax to Georgia to St. Albans to Swanton to Highgate to Franklin to Berkshire to Richford to Montgomery to Enosburg to Sheldon and finishing at 141 Sweet Hollow Rd, Sheldon, home of God’s Vision Retreat where GODSTOCK takes place.

Speakers confirmed for August 14:
Carolyn Branagan- House of Representative(Representing Georgia and Fairfax), and Lowell Brueckner- Missionary in Spain. We are very excited to have such great speakers attending.

Music will be performed by Rich Ballard and Spirit and Truth
The Lighting of the Torch will take place
Introduction of the runners who carried the Cross during the run
Introduction of new pastors who are involved.

For more information, click on the following link and thanks Alicia:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: