Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 01:41:49 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  RITA BESSETTE'S BROTHER PASSES AWAY
« previous next »
: [1]
: RITA BESSETTE'S BROTHER PASSES AWAY  ( 2608 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 18, 2005, 10:18:13 AM »

ERNEST J. BOURGEOIS Sr. DARTMOUTH, Mass./ BURLINGTON — Ernest J. Bourgeois,Sr., 85, of Burlington died Friday, Dec. 16, 2005, at the Hathaway Manor Nursing Home in Dartmouth, Mass. He was born in Burlington on Aug. 10, 1920, the son of Edward and Orinda (Duhamel) Bourgeois. He was educated in Burlington at Nazareth School and attended Burlington High School. He served his country in the U.S. Army during World War II and the Korean Conflict, retiring as a captain. He was twice awarded the Purple Heart. On June 29, 1946, he was married in St. Anthony Church in Burlington to Rose M. Desrosiers. Following his retirement from the service, Ernie started his own construction company and built homes on Birchcliff Parkway, Laurel Hill Drive and South Crest Drive. He earned his real estate license and then worked for Berard Construction Co. as a foreman and job estimator. Later he worked for the U.S. Postal Service as a clerk. He was a member of St. Anthony parish and a Fourth Degree, Knights of Columbus. He is survived by his wife of 59 years, Rose M. Bourgeois of North Dartmouth, Mass.; a son, Ernest J. Bourgeois, Jr. and his wife Kristine of North Dartmouth.; two grandsons, Michael Gorman and Geoffrey Gorman; four brothers and their spouses, Lionel Bourgeois, Armand and Marie Bourgeois, Robert and Therese Bourgeois and Arthur and Claudia Bourgeois; three sisters, Rita Bessette, Yvonne Cross, and Jeanette Troescher and her husband, Walter; also several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by a sister, Beatrice Gallagher, and by two brothers, Emile and Harry Bourgeois. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Tuesday, Dec. 20, at 10 a.m. in St. Anthony Roman Catholic Church with interment to follow in New Mount Calvary Cemetery. Those who wish may make contributions in his memory to Alzheimer's Association of Vt. & N.H., P. O. Box 1139, 338 River St., Montpelier, Vt. 05601, or American Diabetes Association, 77 Hegeman Ave., Colchester, Vt. 05446. Visiting hours will be held on Monday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Ready Funeral & Cremation Service South Chapel, 261 Shelburne Road, Burlington. To send online condolences, please visit www.readyfuneral.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: