Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 03:28:22 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  JOYCE (GAUER) POWELL - FORMER FAIRFAX RESIDENT PASSES AWAY
« previous next »
: [1]
: JOYCE (GAUER) POWELL - FORMER FAIRFAX RESIDENT PASSES AWAY  ( 2212 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 19, 2005, 07:29:57 AM »

JOYCE G. POWELL FAIRFAX — Joyce G. Powell, 74, of Fairfax, died Thursday, Dec. 15, 2005, in Leesburg, Fla. She was born Feb. 21, 1931, in Wharton, N.J., the daughter of Charles and Flora (VanHoughton) Gauer. Joyce attended Mine Hill, N.J. schools and graduated from Dover (N.J.) High School in 1948. After her schooling, she worked as an operator for Bell Telephone in Dover. She married Arthur J. Powell April 24, 1952, in Mine Hill. They lived in Virginia for a year, then moved back to New Jersey for several years before moving to Vermont in 1966. They lived in Essex and Fairfax and had wintered in Florida since 1997. Joyce enjoyed knitting, needlework, painting, gardening and bowling. In earlier years, she had been active in her children's school activities. Her memberships included Fairfax United Church, where she was a member of the choir and director of the youth choir, O.E.S. Diamond Chapter #79 in Danville, where she had served as past matron and the Fairfax rescue having served as treasurer and scheduling officer. She is survived by her husband, Arthur Powell of Fairfax; four daughters, Nancy O'Brien of St. Albans, Barbara Collins of Fairfax, Janet Noyes of Moretown and Linda Lee of Raymond, Maine; her son, David Powell of White River Junction; 14 grandchildren; and seven greatgrandchildren. Funeral services will be held Wednesday, Dec. 21, at 1 p.m. in the Day Funeral Home, Randolph with the Rev. Louis Drew officiating. Burial will be in the Vermont Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Randolph Center, at a later date. Calling hours will be held Tuesday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. in the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association, 20 Speen St., Framingham, Mass. 01701, or the American Diabetes Association, 77 Hegeman Ave., Colchester, Vt. 05446.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: