Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:27:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  TRANSPLANTED KATRINA VICTIM IN FAIRFAX REUNITES WITH MOTHER
« previous next »
: [1]
: TRANSPLANTED KATRINA VICTIM IN FAIRFAX REUNITES WITH MOTHER  ( 2241 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 21, 2005, 08:48:36 AM »

FROM THE CHANNEL 3 6 PM NEWS REPORT TUESDAY EVENING:

"More than three months ago we introduced you to a Fairfax man whose family in Mississippi survived hurricane Katrina. Jessica Abo caught up with them again and has this report:

Not much was left of Bay St. Louis, Mississippi -- after Hurricane Katrina came to town. Chuck Cox anxiously waited to hear if his family there survived the storm. One by one --- family members starting making contact. He and his son decided to drive to a truckload of donations from Vermont  to the place he once called home. Chuck stated that socks were a hot commodity. You thought you were giving them a new car.  But Chuck and his son returned to Fairfax with more than just knowing they made a difference. He brought back his nephew Richard, his niece Jessica and his cousin Tommy.  The two boys have since gone back home, but his 11-year-old niece is still attending Bellows Free Academy Fairfax. When asked what has been her favorite thing about living in Vermont? Jessica said, "probably friends, family and snow".  When questioned, "It's not too cold for you?"   Jessica said "No".   "This is going to be my first white christmas so I'm excited."  When asked if she could have anything for christmas, what would it be? Jessica  said, "probably my mom's visit." But on this day she thought she was at the airport to pick up one of her cousins, Tommy -- little did she know she's about to get her Christmas present early as her mom arrived.  Her mom Laura said she had been really heartbroken not to have her daughter with her.   FEMA has sent trailors but hardly anyone is getting them. Many people are still homeless. The situation has not much changed in three months time. unfortunately.  Jessica Abo. Channel 3 News. Burlington.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: