Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:39:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 9/28/09 and Blog- The Weekend That Was
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 9/28/09 and Blog- The Weekend That Was  ( 2649 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : September 27, 2009, 10:21:45 PM »

September 28, 2009
Pictures of the Day

When it's January, and we are in our umpteeth day of below zero weather, this memory is what I will hold on to. A beautiful sunny day at the races.

The car owners. Laura Lacaillade scrapes mud off the tires as Lonnie checks tire pressures.

Lee Ladouceur with Anthony after the race. It was a dusty night as you can see on Anthony's face.

THE WEEKEND THAT WAS
Happy Birthday, Carl!!!

Enough with the rain already. I know a couple times I mentioned we needed some, but I think we have had enough for a couple more weeks.

After the races we stayed overnight at the track and partied with friends. I finally got home a little before 3pm. I wasn't sure what time it would be, and didn't plan on someone else opening the museum, so it didn't get open Sunday. My apology to anyone who was planning to visit. I didn't have any visitors last week on a beautiful day, so I kinda figured that no one might show again. Tell you what, depending on the weather, we may open an extra Sunday in October.

It was a dusty night for the A-Main at Fonda. I kept losing track of where Anthony was. We were standing off the entrance to the pits off turn three, and the infield lights shine right at us. I tried following Anthony in turn four, and turn one. I also was checking to see if Lance Yonge was still leading. After checking on Lance, I'd lose Anthony again.
Anthony drove a great race. He got by Jeff Cook for 6th, but the caution came out, and they gave Jeff his spot back.

So, what did I miss while I was gone?
I see the football team shut out Mt. Abe. The cross country teams did fantastic down at the U-32 meet in Montpelier. They beat some D1 schools.
I missed the Singapore Grand Prix. I kept up to date via Twitter with the Brawn Team tweets.
I saw some of the action on the NFL on the Red Zone. Saw some of the Patriots game that wasn't available in this area. Once the Patriots had it in the bag, they were following the closer games. Brett Favre pulled the rabbit out of the hat again, throwing a TD pass with 2 seconds left. I was surprised he pulled it off.

More pictures from Fonda this week. Plus anything else that pops up.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: