Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:25:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Guess The Guy Had A Real Bug Against Smokers
« previous next »
: [1]
: Guess The Guy Had A Real Bug Against Smokers  ( 7557 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 16, 2009, 06:38:45 PM »

There was a stabbing in front of a busy Mall in Burlington.  Apparently a 23 year old guy was smoking a cigarette in front of Neidleman's and an argument ensued resulting in the smoker getting stabbed.  Will try and find the actual story and post it here.  I used to smoke and my wife still does.  I know how addictive it can be and really feel sorry for the treatment some non smokers give smokers.  In the above case the guy really went too far.

"Witnesses say Stephen Le, 40, of South Burlington, came out of a neighboring business called Nail Spa and Tanning around 1 p.m. Wednesday and confronted Daniel Dennis, 23, of Essex, who was smoking in front of the nail salon. Police say the two men began to fight. Dennis allegedly pushed Le down to the ground and Le responded by stabbing Dennis. Police say Le then went to his car to get a gun, while Dennis went into the bridal store to ask his friends for help."

« : September 16, 2009, 06:42:59 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Lilone
: 81

« #1 : September 17, 2009, 09:35:30 AM »

I understand that it is an addiction, but as a non smoker and someone with asthma, smokers do not have any courtesy for anyone else as far as I'm concerned, or maybe all the inconsiderate ones seem to find me. There are many places I can not go or people I can not be around because they can't put their cigarette down for 5 minutes. I've had to stand behind and sit next to people who light one up and don't even smoke it! then when it goes out they light another one and again don't smoke it. Then I have to leave because of it. It's real fun coughing up a lung and wondering if i'm going to be able to breath anytime soon, because of someone else's addiction. (Sorry done venting now.) As far as the stabbing goes, that was WAY out of line.
« : September 17, 2009, 09:53:07 AM Lilone »
trussell
: 870

« #2 : September 17, 2009, 10:07:05 AM »

Henry! I didn't realize that you quit smoking! Congratulations!  I'm sure it will only have positive results for you.

In response to Lilone, I agree that smokers CAN be inconsiderate but I wouldn't say that all of them are.  It seems like every time I got to Walmart (yes Lisa, I shop at that evil Walmart) or Hannaford, there seems to be someone standing right outside the door smoking.  At work we have a designated smoking area (a very nice gazebo that gets enclosed in the winter) and the smokers are very conscientious about using it.  A big Thank you to the polite smokers though...

-Trevor

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
dearon
: 233

« #3 : September 17, 2009, 03:13:28 PM »

I think if this person was outside smoking then leave him be, if he is bothering you go the other way.

I have never smoked and have asthma so my husband smokes either in the basement, garage or outside.  I think we are quite fortunate to live in Vermont where smoking is not allowed indoors if you have a business.  When the laws in Vermont were enacted allot of the bar owners balked and said they would have to go out of business.  I still see many of them are still open.   I for one don't miss going into a restaurant, dance hall, store, hospital and breath in someone else's bad habit.  I've  had to leave these places many times because I'd have an asthma attack because someone just couldn't go without a cigarette while they were eating or shopping. 
Now other states and some places in Quebec are starting to follow suite.  I've heard all the arguments for it... it's our right..., we're being discriminated against, if I want to have a cigarette with my meal I should be allowed..on and on.  I say stop polluting the air I breath.
Thank-you Vermont for standing up for NON-SMOKERS, second hand smoke kills!
Cat

« #4 : September 17, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »

I think if this person was outside smoking then leave him be, if he is bothering you go the other way.

I agree.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : September 17, 2009, 11:59:49 PM »

I went to the grocery store this evening and there was a guy outside smoking by the main entrance.

I looked at him and chuckled.
I thought to myself about this thread and gave him the LOOK!
I was thinking, "Dude, you are so lucky we are NOT in Vermont. If we were, I'd go all stabby on ya!"

I live in a town home, so I guess I am lucky that my close neighbors don't mind the cigars.
I am also lucky they don't mind my fire pit.

Would I care if the did complain, probably not.

BUT, cigarette smoke DOES stink worse than cigar and wood smoke.
But hey, that's me........
trussell
: 870

« #6 : September 18, 2009, 11:07:26 AM »

You live in a condo, Mike?  Does it look anything like this?

« : September 18, 2009, 11:22:15 AM Henry »

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : October 02, 2009, 09:52:54 AM »

Sorta like that.

By the way, that is Russia, I can see from my back deck.

I am so Mavericky.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: