Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:17:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  One Month From Today You Get An Extra Hour's Sleep
« previous next »
: [1]
: One Month From Today You Get An Extra Hour's Sleep  ( 4100 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 01, 2009, 08:48:14 AM »

Starting in 2007, daylight time begins in the United States on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November. On the second Sunday in March, clocks are set ahead one hour at 2:00 a.m. local standard time, which becomes 3:00 a.m. local daylight time. On the first Sunday in November, clocks are set back one hour at 2:00 a.m. local daylight time, which becomes 1:00 a.m. local standard time. These dates were established by Congress in the Energy Policy Act of 2005, Pub. L. no. 109-58, 119 Stat 594 (2005).

Sooooo, November 1st, Sunday Morning you will get an extra hours sleep.

Thank God for the Internet as I have an Old Creata Card Program that has diffrent dates for the start & stop of Daylight Saving Time.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : October 01, 2009, 09:50:07 AM »

I have an old Windows 98 computer that I haven't run updates on in years (quite frankly, I haven't felt the need to. It works fine just the way it is!), so it doesn't know that the Government changed the rules a few years ago.  It still tries to tell me to update according to the old dates.  I just ignore it because in this case, I'm smarter than the computer (Special Ed, no need to comment on that)

Henry,  why would a card program care what the time is?  Just curious...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : October 01, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »

It has a built in calendar with reminders that come up on my computer.  Change in time is one of them along with holidays and birthdays, anniversaries and the such that I put in.  When i turn on my computer, a reminder comes up.

Henry Raymond
trussell

« #3 : October 01, 2009, 10:24:27 AM »

Ahh... I see.  Thanks!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mirjo
: 785

« #4 : October 03, 2009, 07:04:33 AM »

Trevor, how is it that you are still able to run Windows98??? It actually supports all the new applications? I had trouble with new software on Win98 years ago...I hated to let it go, because I don't think MS ever really improved from it.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
trussell

« #5 : October 03, 2009, 09:06:41 PM »

My (very) old desktop runs win 98.  I haven't added anything new to it in several years. Just photos and word processing stuff. :)

Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : October 05, 2009, 01:10:13 AM »

Starting in 2007, daylight time begins in the United States on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November. On the second Sunday in March, clocks are set ahead one hour at 2:00 a.m. local standard time, which becomes 3:00 a.m. local daylight time. On the first Sunday in November, clocks are set back one hour at 2:00 a.m. local daylight time, which becomes 1:00 a.m. local standard time. These dates were established by Congress in the Energy Policy Act of 2005, Pub. L. no. 109-58, 119 Stat 594 (2005).

Sooooo, November 1st, Sunday Morning you will get an extra hours sleep.

Thank God for the Internet as I have an Old Creata Card Program that has diffrent dates for the start & stop of Daylight Saving Time.

Unless you're like me Henry, then you will just be working an extra hour!!! SUCKS :(

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: