Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:17:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  How Do These Women Do It
« previous next »
: [1]
: How Do These Women Do It  ( 2344 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 07, 2009, 09:19:34 AM »

When I go down to The Seniors Luncheon, I always marvel at how Marion Eastman does it.  She never runs out of food and always has enough for everybody.  I do have to mention also that Maryann saved her chocolate cream pie to eat last night for lunch.  She told me it was the most delicious chocolate cream pie she had ever eaten.

The only thing I was aware of yesterday was that Marion ran short of green beans, but not to worry, as soon as she noticed it she heated up and few more and we were good to go as she went around personally from table to table asking if anybody wanted more.

There is usually no problem after to meal to get rid of the warm rolls as people purchase them to bring home.  We have been having about 40 or so people attend the luncheons, however, yesterday we ended up with 56.

Great Job Marion, we do appreciate you and Alberta.

My mother-in-law Kay Hoben used to be able to do the same thing.  Appears if she had flour, eggs & milk, or whatever else she had in the refrigerator she could whip up a meal for an extras that happen to drop by.  Back before we had a restaurant here in town she used to have a Guest Home, just below where Ed Paquin now lives.  When the Power Company Crew was in town they would lots of times stop by in the morning and tell her they would like to stop in for dinner.  Didn't give her much time, but we did have a couple of grocery stores just down the street and she always came up with a delicious dinner for them.

Boy I sure would hate to see even two extra people stop by at dinner time at my house - I sure would have a tough time feeding them.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: