Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:21:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Freeze Warning, Not Frost Warning For Tonight - Drain The Garden Hoses
« previous next »
: [1]
: Freeze Warning, Not Frost Warning For Tonight - Drain The Garden Hoses  ( 2568 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 11, 2009, 08:30:47 AM »

Temperatures will be in the 20s and it looks like high temperatures during the day will only be in the 40s.  One of the few forgotten things sometimes besides bringing in the plants are the hoses still hooked up to the outside water faucet.  A good cold night with temperatures in the lower 20s isn't good, especially for the cheap hoses.

I had one hooked up for my garden years ago and in the morning went to pick it up and it was frozen solid and actually broke right in half.  I do have to admit however that it was not a high quality hose.

Have part of my lawn mowed, but need to finish it, then clean up my lawn mower and put it up for the year 2009.  The leaves are beginning to fall pretty good, if I cut it down close enough, a good South wind should take care of raking my lawn.

We just had a little ice shower, but could possibly get some light snow especially on the mountains over the next couple of days.

Yup!!  Instant Fall

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: