Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:33:08 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Bernard Greenia Of Greenia Trucking From Georgia Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Bernard Greenia Of Greenia Trucking From Georgia Passes Away  ( 3239 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 10, 2009, 09:41:38 PM »

Georgia – Bernard J. Greenia Sr. , 77, died Saturday October 10, 2009 at the Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington surrounded by his loving family. Bernard was born in Bakersfield, VT on February 29, 1932, the son of Frank and Melvina (Demingware) Greenia. He was married to Marion Bascom on January 22, 1949 in the Georgia Baptist Church. He served as a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Army during the Korean Conflict as a tank driver from 1950-1952. In 1961, Bernie started Greenia Trucking which he and Marion ran for over 38 years. His strongest strength in business was his honesty and integrity. Bernie took great pride in his home and grounds and loved to mow his lawn. He also was an avid reader, and loved to hunt and fish and was an accomplished trap shooter. He was a member of the Arrowhead Eagles Aerie 4218 and took great pride in his tenure as President and as a member of the board of trustees. Bernie is survived by his wife Marion of Georgia, by his children and spouses Bernard Joseph Greenia Jr. and his wife Diane of Memphis, TN, Ingird Rodd and her husband William of St. Albans, Mary Lou Vincelette and husband Alan of St. Albans, Bonnie Wasson and husband Russell of West Palm Beach, FL, Thomas Greenia of Washington, DC, and Denise Greenia of Milton, by 16 grandchildren and 24 great grandchildren, his sister JoAnne Lafond and husband Robert of Springfield, MA, and by several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his son Frank at 2 months old, his brother Thomas and sister Elizabeth. For those who wish, memorial contributions may be made to the Franklin County Humane Society, 30 Sunset Meadow, St. Albans, VT 05478 There will be no calling hours, a graveside services in Hope Cemetery in Georgia, VT will be private at the convenience of the family. Online condolences may be made to www.minorfh.com

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : October 11, 2009, 08:09:41 AM »

I believe this is the same Mr. Greenia and his wife who lived on Route 104a and for many years were contracted by the town of Fairfax to pick up the trash for town residents.  Wonderful couple.  If you had something special to throw out all you had to do was give them a call and they would help you out.  Not sure how many years they did it, but think it was until he retired as he was the only one for many, many years.

Henry Raymond
tankkingvt
: 17

« #2 : October 11, 2009, 08:53:14 AM »

They were some of the hardest working, most honest people you would ever want to meet.  A real example of how ethics and hard work can reward small business.  My sympathies to the family.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: