Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 12:08:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Needed - Planning Commission & DRB Members
« previous next »
: [1]
: Needed - Planning Commission & DRB Members  ( 4562 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 20, 2009, 12:55:26 PM »

Henry Raymond
cedarman
: 370

« #1 : October 28, 2009, 06:55:46 AM »

What are the different duties of the Planning commission vs the Development review board?
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : October 28, 2009, 07:21:07 AM »

Well, I will give you my layman's opinion of what the difference is and that is that  The Planning Commission are a group of people that come up with a Town Plan that includes stipulations as to growth in the town and what will be allowed where with rules and guidelines.

The Development Review Board is a group of people that decide when something does not meet certain guidelines, whether it should be allowed or not and what must be done to make it acceptable.

Perhaps one of the best ways would be for you to read the actual minutes from the two different meetings:

Planning Commission Minutes can be found at:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/fxtown/past-pcminutes-index.html

Development Review Board Minutes can be found at:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/fxtown/past-drbminutes-index.html

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion.  Skip Taylor at the Town Office can give you a much more intelligent answer.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: