Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:25:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Yesterday's Monsoon
« previous next »
: [1]
: Yesterday's Monsoon  ( 2596 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 01, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »

Long about 4:15 I was thinking of going out and start the grill and throw some hamburgers on when all of a sudden it came.  We lost our satellite for a bit and it removed the rest of the leaves from the maples around the house.  Didn't realize the girls were having a game down at school around this time.  I don't have an attached garage to get to my grill and it was not a time for me to take my big oversized UVM Green & Gold Umbrella out to get there.  Fortunately it did not last too long.

I suspect that Trevor Russell & Paul Lavallee got their photos down at the funeral home before the monsoon.  Strangely enough, without any communication with each other, numerous people called it a monsoon.  Maryann was laying down when it came and her bedroom has 3 walls exposed to the outside so she could hear it full force.  Her first words when she came out of her bedroom was, "What was that, a Monsoon??"

From what I heard from various e-mails, not only here, but around the Northeast, there were much fewer trick or treaters.  Everybody was having high winds and rain, or it could have been the flu bit that kept them home.  As for us, we don't usually get anyone, but did get three last night.

A beautiful day for the St. Luke Turkey Dinner, and remember if you didn't get a reservation and there are no seats left, you can always get a takeout.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: