Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:33:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Anybody Know How To Get This Information For Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Anybody Know How To Get This Information For Fairfax  ( 3114 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 06, 2009, 09:41:45 AM »

National guard members -- headed to Afghanistan -- come from just about every part of the state. The guard released a break-down of hometowns -- showing that guard members come from 258 different cities, towns and villages. Milton and Burlington are each sending 55 soldiers -- the highest number in the state. Other communities with higher numbers include St. Albans and Barre. All told, the brigade has 12-hundred-10 Vermonters. About 200 hundred other members of the deploying unit are from other states -- mostly New York, New Hampshire and Massachusetts.

I was really surprised to see how many (55) guard members leaving come from Milton.  I have never been able to get that information for Fairfax.  Howard Van Benthysen was going to get it for me, then he moved.

Henry Raymond
Papi
: 66

« #1 : November 06, 2009, 10:30:15 AM »

I believe yesterday's Messenger stated 20 from Fairfax were being deployed...
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : November 06, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »

Hi Papi - Thanks, I usually catch that stuff, but missed it last night - Here is the info Papi was talking about:

Guard releases town-by-town soldier deployment numbers
COLCHESTER — The Vermont National Guard Wednesday released the number of soldiers who will be deployed to the war in Afghanistan from each Vermont town, city, and village.

In total, 1,210 solders from 258 Vermont cities and towns have been called to active duty.

Of those, 166 (or 13.7 percent) are from Franklin County and 16 (1.3 percent) are from neighboring Grand Isle County.

Milton, also within the Messenger's circulation area, is sending 55 (4.5 percent of the total) guardsmen and women to war.

The Guard will not release individual names of soldiers in Task Force Phoenix.

The following is the total-numbers list from Franklin County (towns with greatest numbers first):
St. Albans City and Town, 54;
Swanton, 31;
Fairfax, 20;
Richford, 12;
Enosburg Falls, 12;
Highgate Center, 6;
Fairfield, 5;
East Fairfield, 3;
Franklin, 3;
Montgomery, 3;
Montgomery Center, 3;
East Berkshire, 2;