Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 10:27:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Norm Spiller Passes Away At The Age Of 89 (Full Obituary)
« previous next »
: [1]
: Norm Spiller Passes Away At The Age Of 89 (Full Obituary)  ( 2892 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 05, 2009, 12:55:05 PM »

Westford - Norman W. Spiller, 89, died peacefully on Thursday November 5, 2009 at the Green Mountain Nursing Home in Colchester.

Norm was born on September 5, 1920 in Wilmington, VT, the son of Leroy and Winona (Trombly) Spiller. He graduated from BF A in Fairfax and purchased a dairy farm in Westford where he farmed for many years. During his early years Norman enjoyed motorcycling; he also worked as a school bus driver and delivered eggs to customers as far away as Essex and Jericho. He was a member of the Vermont Conservation Corp and Vermont Farm Bureau. He was also a Selectman in Westford for many years and a member of the Masons.

Following retirement from farming, Norm worked for Dave Bartlett as a landscaper and was a jack of all trades.

He enjoyed gardening, fishing, and history and was a member of the Grange.

He is survived by his children June Ross and her husband Cliff of Westford, Roy Spiller and fiance Gail Laplant of Jericho, Stephen Spiller and wife Pam of Westford, and Randy Spiller of Essex Junction, by his grandchildren Sean, Jeremy, Craig, Alyssa, Jennifer, Stephanie, Belinda, Reg, and Matthew, 9 great grandchildren, his step-brother Larry Leach of St. Albans and by several nieces and nephews.

He was predeceased by his daughter Gail Spiller on Dec. 20th of 1998, his daughter- in-law Sue Spiller on January 12th of 2001 and his sister Elaine Lavallee on September 25, 2009.

Norman's family would like to thank the nurses and staff for the wonderful care given to him during his stay at the Green Mountain Nursing home.

A Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday November 11, 2009 at 10 am in the United Church of Westford.

Burial will follow in the Pleasant View Cemetery in Westford.

Memorial Contributions may be made to the VNA, Home Care Program, 1110 Prim Road, Colchester, VT. 05446.

Visiting hours will be held on Tuesday November 10 from 5-8pm in the Minor Funeral Home in Milton. Online condolences may be made to www.minorfh.com
« : November 06, 2009, 05:41:45 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : November 06, 2009, 04:33:31 PM »

The full obituary for Norm is now available for you.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: