Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 05:23:36 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Many Thanks
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Many Thanks  ( 14924 )
DrewCrash
: 104

« #15 : February 10, 2010, 06:51:42 PM »

I would be game for anything...My personal pet peeve, more so than getting bathrooms built by a football field, would be to return fireworks to Fairfax. How could we ever raise money for something like that as a group?

Either way, I'd like to meet some of you folk!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #16 : February 10, 2010, 08:19:05 PM »

I appreciate all your kind thoughts, but I really am all set.  Some great people out there when they heard I was admitted to the hospital contacted my daughter and offered to get groceries or run errands and even come and stay with Maryann.  Truly very fortunate.  I am one of those people that really needs nothing and have some wonderful children and grandchildren that are here at the drop of a hat.

Be assured that if I find myself in need of something, I will ask and I honestly thing we need to close this topic.  I have a new topic I will be posting tomorrow that should lead to some lively friendly discussion.

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #17 : February 10, 2010, 08:58:50 PM »

I have a new topic I will be posting tomorrow that should lead to some lively friendly discussion.

Wow Henry, now you are luring us back to your site with cliff hangers... I like it!

I will definitely tune back to this same bat channel at the same bat time to see the new topic.
dw
: 28

« #18 : February 10, 2010, 10:01:34 PM »

thank you Henry for providing a wonderful and informative service to those of us that want to keep up on the latest news about our town.  I think an annual "Henry" day would be a great idea.
BobFisherJr
: 8

« #19 : February 11, 2010, 03:54:06 AM »

Henry;

I know I appreciate the news that everyone contributes to you site. Sometimes it's nice to hear some news from home to keep me grounded!

Bob Fisher
   Tacoma, Wa.

Bob Fisher Jr
   Tacoma, Wa
roadkill
: 80

« #20 : February 11, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »

I really like Drews idea about bringing fireworks back to Fairfax, Its the American way, I was all ready to make my roadkill stew Henry FIREWORKS ????????
Mummy
: 280

« #21 : February 11, 2010, 06:49:55 PM »

I recall reading here that there is some expense to Henry for having this site and he paid for it with monies that he had received either from his BD or Xmas (can't remember which one or the details of this expense) but my point is - why can't we do a collection at Town Meeting for Firer Works and VTGrandPa Website?   In a previous posting, they said there are 2,948 residents here in Fairfax if only a quarter show up for town meeting that is close to 800 folks who could give $1.00 then if you had the businesses donate, you could get back your Firer works. 

Either way, I feel strongly that we all should chip in to off set Henry's expense for this site.  Henry can you help me with the details here ... What were the expense that you had to use your personal monies for?
mirjo
: 785

« #22 : February 11, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »

What does it take to get something voted on by Australian Ballot? That's the only fair way to vote on things. Why are some things voted on as "articles" at town meeting, which is never a true representation of the registered voters. I've been to town meeting a few times when I could make it. I never saw 800 people there; if I saw over 100 it was a really good day! But mostly, it's less than that which is not enough to vote on anything regarding the town.

I think what happens is a very small percentage of people actually attend town meeting either because they're working, on vacation, disinterested, or the "bedroom community syndrome," whereby people in general don't feel any connection to the town, they just have a house here. Because of the registered voters only about 25% actually vote and even that isn't enough of a respesentation (though better), as far as I'm concerned, but you can't make people get out and cast a ballot if they don't want to...

Someone on the forum last summer was looking into the fireworks thing with the selectboard (I thought). Was it Cat or someone else? No more was ever said, but it seems that I saw something mentioned in the selectboard minutes where someone had broached the issue. (?) Of course this was months ago and I don't have any details clear in my mind now.

I am a big fan of the fireworks we had and thought it was a good community thing and wanted to bring back and old fashioned 4th to the town with a chicken BBQ, games, parade, etc. There was some interest, but as with many things it never got off the ground as it might have. It's easy to have ideas and far more difficult to stick with them through the planning/implementing piece (rest assured to those redy to jump, I am not criticizing, I am just stating that I know it's easy for good intentions to get derailed). Then when the fireworks fell through, it seemed pointless to consider it with out a culminating focus. Its the kind of stuff that takes a few months to prepare, so it's easy for it to  get lost in the shuffle of everyday life. I am all for what ever needs to happen to get the fireworks back, count me in to lend a hand for whatever, I just don't have time these days to lead the way, so I haven't offered to.

The rec park is a great addition to the town and would be a fantastic resource for  many things in the future. A town celebration is just one thing of many possibilities.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
roadkill
: 80

« #23 : February 11, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »

Hi "MUMMY"

Heres some numbers....      2.948 registered voters

622 -  The numberf voters who voted by australlian ballet last year.......    21 Percent

approx   170 -  The number of people that atended Town meeting.......    less than   6 Percent
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #24 : February 13, 2010, 01:33:36 AM »

There is no party like a Fairfax party, cause it is of da hook!

I'll bring Musk Ox tenderloin, my special Bald Eagle wings, Beluga Wale caviar, and Moose patte!

Just need a place to park the 1978 Winnebago.
I need septic close tough,,,,, ****ter gets full.

Anchorage to Fairfax, 7 days easy!!!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: