Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:25:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Red Sox Year Book Is Out - Maryann's Is On The Way
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Red Sox Year Book Is Out - Maryann's Is On The Way  ( 2988 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 17, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »

Well, Maryann got her notice, courtesy of Dick Brown, that her Red Sox Year Book is ready for shipping.  She ordered it on line last night - Cost is $13 - Shipping costs $10 - They may be available locally, but Maryann is really anxious for baseball and likes to know the story on the players.

I think they have another book that comes out later also.
« : February 17, 2010, 09:00:44 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : February 17, 2010, 10:05:07 AM »

I believe pitchers and catchers report tomorrow.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : February 20, 2010, 04:38:18 AM »

Damon a Brave?

McGwire a HITTING coach???

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!
Dick Brown
: 414

« #3 : February 20, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »

Henry     Even though it's colder then usual in our area, the local high school and college teams have begun their baseball seasons, reinforcing the status of southern teams having a distinct advantage over northern schools in player development. I have long thought that the athletes in Vermont are just as talented as their southern peers in any outside sport,  if they only have the time on the field from their younger years on that these kids in Florida do.
I myself go over to St. Leo's College ( 5 miles from here ) to watch a real quality baseball program matched up against excellent competition, including a number of northern schools ( some of which are outside for the first time ) .
The Red Sox , alas, are three hours away, and have significantly raised their ticket prices , making it an expensive trip ( especially when the regulars only play 2 or 3 innings ) even if you could get good seats.  In my mind, since I really enjoy watching the locals play ( high school & college ), traveling to Zeypherhills HS or St. Leo's College is a much better outing for this baseball fan.
Glad you purchased the Yearbook for Maryann . Hope Dice-K does something productive this year !!! Keep your Sox on !!! 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: