Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:02:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ralph Learned Dies Leaving 3 Sisters In The Fairfax/Westford Area
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ralph Learned Dies Leaving 3 Sisters In The Fairfax/Westford Area  ( 1814 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 21, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »

Ralph Holland Learned
July 13, 1927 - February 21, 2010

South Burlington – Ralph Rolland Learned, 82, died early Sunday morning February 21, 2010 at his home, with his loving family by his side, including his dog Toby.

Ralph was born on July 13, 1927 in Fairfax, the son of Girard and Agnes ( Boozan ) Learned. 

He proudly served his country in the U.S. Army during WWII.

On August 27, 1949, Ralph married Blanche Willis at Christ the King Catholic Church in Burlington.

They had lived for many years on Staniford Rd. in Burlington.

He had worked for Pizzagalli Construction Co. for over 25 years, working several years as a Superintendant.  Before this he was self employed in construction for many years.

Ralph was a member of the Holy Cross Catholic Church in Colchester.  He was an avid fisherman and loved to hunt.  He had a special gift at doing finish carpentry, paying very close attention to detail.  He also loved to putter on his own home.

Ralph was predeceased by Blanche on Nov. 18th of 1994 and is survived by his children.  Jeff Learned and fiancé Heidi Slattery of South Burlington and Jean Osborne and her husband Bryan of Colchester, by 4 grandchildren, 1 great grandchild, his sisters Arlene Brown of Fairfax, Mary Learned Cleary of Hyde Park, Marshia Wilkenson  and husband Earl of VA, Margaret Woodworth of Westford, Dorothy Root of Westford, and Bernice Hakey of Swanton.

He was also predeceased by his brothers Aaron and Elmer Learned.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated by Fr. Roger Charbonneau on Monday March 1, 2010 at 11 am in the Holy Cross Catholic Church in Colchester.  Burial will follow in Holy Cross Cemetery with a luncheon to follow in the church hall at Holy Cross Catholic Church. 

Contributions in Ralph’s memory may be made to the Redemption Band, c/o Holy Cross Catholic Church 416 Church Road, Colchester, VT  05446.   

Visiting hours will be held on Sunday February 28, 2010 from 4-7pm in the Minor Funeral Home in Milton. 

Condolences may be left on the Minor Funeral Home Web Site at: http://www.minorfh.com/
« : February 21, 2010, 10:07:02 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: