Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 01:14:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Caution - Its Heavy Wet Snow We Are Expecting
« previous next »
: [1]
: Caution - Its Heavy Wet Snow We Are Expecting  ( 2372 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 23, 2010, 09:14:24 AM »

First off - I have no problem as Mary Kay's friend Rich shovels me out, but a lot of people are not that fortunate.  This new snow coming, according to the weather forcasters is going to be heavy wet snow - (Heart Attack Snow) - so for those of you that shovel, do be cautious - Some of our young people who are out of school might want to offer their assistance to someone who might need it.  Many people have their driveways plowed, but there are always spots that the person plowing can't do.

If you should be foolish enough and go out and shovel if you have heart problems, do not hesitate to take a nitro at the first chest pain - A nitro won't hurt you and I have heard so many instances in the past year where people with heart problems forgot to take a nitro when they had a chest pain.

If you have a concern about taking nitro in those instances, ask your doctor, but mainly stay away from shovelling that heavy wet snow.

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : February 23, 2010, 07:09:58 PM »

Spoken like someone with experience!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
trussell
: 870

« #2 : February 23, 2010, 08:47:08 PM »

If you should be foolish enough and go out and shovel if you have heart problems, do not hesitate to take a nitro at the first chest pain

True, but PLEASE don't hesitate to call EMS either if you're experiencing chest pain.  The sooner advanced care can be provided, the better off you'll be!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: