Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:52:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Faulty Vaccuum
« previous next »
: [1]
: Faulty Vaccuum  ( 4225 )
slpott
: 457

« : February 28, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »

I just bought my 2nd Electrolux vaccuum after 20 years of using my 1st one which is still running strong. I was vaccuuming my office today when all of the sudden I smelled smoke. Darn thing was sparking and smoking in the electrical outlet. Tried it in another outlet and same thing. Black residue everywhere. Called my electrician and he will be here Wed. Called my vaccuum salesman and he will be here tomorror. Have you ever heard of a new appliance doing that?
Mummy
: 280

« #1 : March 17, 2010, 02:21:49 AM »

Never had that problem with my Kirby!   Just a few dent's in the drywall from where I pulled just a little to much and the darn thing fell down the stairs.  Couldn't believe a vacuum could do such damage but then again it's a Kirby - good upper arm work out :D   Good Luck with the Saleman.
slpott
: 457

« #2 : March 17, 2010, 04:53:36 AM »

The salesman is wonderful anyway, but he came over that Monday and picked it up. Took it to be replaced and when they checked it out, they found that the cord had not fully been attached inside the vaccuum. Brought me back the original one with the option and I kept the one I had now that it was fixed. Runs beautifully. Bad situation turned good. The electrician came and replaced the plugs and did a couple of other things I wanted done so it was a win win.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: