Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:14:33 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sister Of Catherine Sweet Of Fletcher Dies At Age 93
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sister Of Catherine Sweet Of Fletcher Dies At Age 93  ( 2576 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 27, 2010, 10:01:58 PM »

Rita Agnes (Rock) Wade

Highgate Center, Vermont Rita Agnes (Rock) Wade, age 93 years, died early Friday evening, February 26, 2010, in the Franklin County Rehab Center with loving family by her side. Born in Saint Albans Bay on, December 14, 1916, she was the daughter of the late Hector Joseph and Rose Mary (Martin) Rock. She attended the former St. Anne’s Academy in Swanton and was later married to Joseph Wade who predeceased her. She will was an avid Bingo player, loved family get-togethers and especially all her babies. Rita leaves her daughter, Betty Tinella and husband Peter of Highgate Center with whom she has made her home for the past 28 years; a sister, Catherine Sweet and husband Ernest of Fletcher; grandchildren, Victor and Tracy Parker of Bristol, CT, Sandra and Jay Hawthorn of Port Tobacco, MD, Gina and Mark Carlson of Forestville, CT and Angela and Todd Larue of Bristol, CT; 11 great grandchildren; seven extended family great grandchildren and one great great granddaughter as well as nieces and nephews. In addition to her husband Joseph Wade, Rita was predeceased by five sisters; three brothers; three grandchildren; and two great grandchildren.  Rita’s family would like to thank all the staff at Franklin County Rehab Center for the loving care that they gave to Mom. It takes “special people” to care for the elderly. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, March 3, 2010, at 11 a.m. from The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 65 Canada St., Swanton. Fr. Thomas D. Nadeau will be the celebrant and homilist. Friends may call at The Kidder Memorial Home, 89 Grand Ave., Swanton, (802-868-3331), on Tues, from 7 to 9 p.m. In lieu of flowers, gifts in Rita’s memory may be made to the Activity Committee at Franklin County Rehab, LLC, 110 Fairfax Rd., St. Albans 05478.  To offer private online condolences please visit: www.kiddermemorialhome.com

A notice of Funeral Held will be posted at the above funeral home web site on Thursday, March 4th.

Henry Raymond
Lilone
: 81

« #1 : March 01, 2010, 10:03:49 AM »

Love you Aunt Rita. RIP. Now you and Gram can play cards again
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : March 01, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »

I remember Rita's parents when I lived in Fairfield.  I can't remember exactly where they lived, but am quite sure it was on the road between Fairfield & Fletcher.  Hard to believe only one child is left in that family.  Hector & his wife used to attend St. Patrick's Church in Fairfield when I knew them.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: