Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:16:42 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Bruce King's Autobody Shop In Sheldon Burns To The Ground
« previous next »
: [1]
: Bruce King's Autobody Shop In Sheldon Burns To The Ground  ( 3896 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 26, 2010, 09:41:59 AM »

An early morning fire ripped through an autobody shop in Franklin County.

It started just after midnight at Bruce King's Auto on Route 78 in Sheldon. When crews arrived flames were shooting through the roof. Firefighters battled strong gusty winds.

"Our primary focus when we first got here was to protect the house next door to it. Because the wind was blowing the other direction we didn't have much of an issue. Thankfully the wind was blowing the other way so we could save the property," said Sheldon Fire Chief Richard Piaseczny

The autobody shop is considered a complete loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Henry Raymond
mxdave
: 74

« #1 : February 26, 2010, 05:24:16 PM »

Hi Henry,
    Bruce Kings Auto in Sheldon was not an Auto body shop. They did Mechanical repairs and specialized in Audi's and VW's. They were very good at it and had a large customer base. I am sure they will be missed. Hopefully they will rebuild.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : February 26, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »

Dave, was this the same Bruce King that used to work at the Volkswagon Dealership in St. Albans.  He was a big heavy set guy and very good.  I think he was the service manager there before Maurice.

Henry Raymond
mxdave
: 74

« #3 : February 26, 2010, 05:36:40 PM »

I believe so. He works there with his brother Andy king. The article from wcax is misleading. This is the old unused shop. Their shop is now located on 105 in Sheldon and is still open.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: