Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 12:08:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Retired IBMer, William R. "Bill" Wood of Westford Dies At Age 72
« previous next »
: [1]
: Retired IBMer, William R. "Bill" Wood of Westford Dies At Age 72  ( 1991 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 01, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »

William R. “Bill” Wood

Westford - William Roger “Bill” Wood, 72 passed away following a long illness on Sunday February 28, 2010 at Starr Farm Nursing Home in Burlington.  Bill was born on May 27, 1937 in Bellows Falls, VT son of the late Norman and Pauline (Austin) Wood.  Bill grew up in Alstead, NH and was a graduate of Vilas High School in Alstead and NH Technical Institute.  After graduation, he joined the Navy as an Electronics Technician and served aboard the USS Kyne as a “petty officer” out of Brooklyn, NY.  Bill married the former MaryAnn Irene Lawlor on July 14, 1957 in Staten Island, NY.  When he was discharged from the Navy he moved to Manchester, NH where he worked for Northeastern Engineering.  Later he worked for IBM Poughkeepsie, NY and then IBM Essex Junction, VT until he retired in 1992.  He enjoyed farming, raising Herefords, hunting and fishing.  Bill was a good and generous husband, neighbor and friend who will be greatly missed by all.

He is survived by his loving wife of 52 years MaryAnn Wood of Westford;  four sisters:  Marjorie of Manchester, NH;  Rita of Sacramento, CA;  Kathy of Poolesville, MD;  Laura of Longwood, FL and many nieces, nephews and cousins.

Bill was also predeceased by three brothers:  Richard, John and Norman.

MaryAnn would like to thank Ed and Ilene Chase, Jon and Tammy Brown, Millie Therrien, Ray Lavigne and other Westford neighbors for their support during this difficult time.

Visiting hours will be held on Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. till the hour of funeral services at 2:00 p.m. at Jericho Center Congregational Church, Jericho Center, with the Reverend Peter Anderson officiating.  The service will be followed by a reception in the church fellowship hall.  Burial will be in the Spring at the convenience of the family.  Arrangements are by A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Essex Chapel 57 Main St. Essex Jct., VT 05452.  The family invites you to share your memories and online condolences by visiting Bill’s tribute at www.awrichfuneralhomes.com.
« : March 01, 2010, 12:59:10 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: