Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:21:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Father Of Hockey Player John LeClair Passes Away At Age 72
« previous next »
: [1]
: Father Of Hockey Player John LeClair Passes Away At Age 72  ( 6844 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 03, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »

Robert R. "Butch" LeClair
(September 3, 1937 - March 3, 2010)

St. Albans – Robert R. “Butch” LeClair, 72, a longtime area resident passed away on Wednesday, March 3, 2010, at his home following a brief illness with his family was at his side. He was born September 3, 1937, in Plattsburgh, New York the son of the late Rudolph P. and Gertrude (O’Connor) LeClair.

Butch was a 1955 graduate of St. Mary’s High School and a member of St. Mary’s Parish since 1942, where he served as Religious Education Instructor, Pastoral Committee, Usher, Lector and Eucharistic Minister. He was a member of St. Albans Lodge # 1566, B.P.O.E. since 1958, Knights of Columbus Council 297, Sons of the American Legion and Champlain Country Club, where he spent most days of summer in his greatest enjoyment outside of his family.

He also served on the St. Albans Town School Board from 1975 to 1986. Butch owned and operated his own business, “Pud’s Lunch” for fourteen years and worked and retired from the Sherwin Williams Company, where he spent twenty years as Store Manager. He had been involved as one of the people in the advertisement for the American Lung Association Golf card that was viewed on television station, WCAX.

In addition to his wife, Beverly Clark LeClair, whom he married April 23, 1960, he leaves five children, Mary Kay Burnett and her husband, Peter, of Cohassett, Massachusetts, Nancy LeClair and her husband, Mark Deitcher of Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, Susan LeClair of St. Albans, Vermont, John LeClair and his wife, Christina, of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Joseph LeClair of Essex, Vermont. Butch is also survived by his four sisters, Charlotte Pudvah of Bakersfield, Vermont, Marjorie LeClair of Marlborough, Massachusetts, Jane Finn of Lewiston, New York and Kay Jarvi and her husband, William, of Rome, New York; his brother, John LeClair and his wife, Donna of Williamsburg, Virginia; his grandchildren, Andrew and Allison Burnett, Nathan, Owen and Emmett Deitcher, MacKenzie, Calvin and Jagger LeClair; his sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Mildred and Orville Keeler of Burlington and many nieces, nephews and cousins. He was preceded in death by his parents; brother, Richard LeClair and his wife, Marilyn; his brothers-in-law, Francis Pudvah and James Finn; his nieces, Sheila Hershel and Laura Finn and his best friend, Max.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday, March 6, 2010, at 11:00 A.M. in St. Mary’s Catholic Church on Fairfield Street. Butch’s family will receive friends on Friday from 4 to 8 P.M. in the Heald Funeral Home, 87 South Main Street, St. Albans. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the American Lung Association of Vermont. 372 Hurricane Lane, Suite 101, Williston, Vermont 05495 or the Silver Towers Camp for Exceptional People, c/o St. Albans Lodge 1566, B.P.O.E., P.O. Box 87, Saint Albans, Vermont 05478. Private messages of condolence are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com.

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : March 03, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »

Henry    Butch was one of the founding fathers of St. Albans Hockey and a legend by himself in that city, even without the notoriety given to him by the athletic achievements of his son. Moreover he backed numerous projects for kids with not only funding, but also a willingness to put in his own labor, and I'm sure he and his wife, Bev had a great influence upon John's many charitable projects in the county and state.
As a St. Albans resident, I was privy to some wonderful stories about Butch's involvement in the many facets of his children's' lives and was always impressed with his genuine humility and interests in the St. Albans kids and their futures. Nancy, of course, worked at the hospital with Bev, and we always agreed that their personalities were perfectly matched to raise a great family.
He will be missed.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : March 03, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »

I graduated from High School with Butch's older brother John.  I suspect young John was named after his uncle.  Always heard good things about Butch.  The Pud's Lunch he operated was located at the foot of Fairfield Street, not to far from where the bakery used to be.

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #3 : March 04, 2010, 09:13:42 AM »

I just watched Johnny be inducted into the U.S. Hockey hall of fame the other night on TV, he talked alot about his dad, and everyone who ever knew Butch knows what a great man he was. he was very proud of all of his kids, not just John. prayers to his family.

Mark Teague
: [1]  
« previous next »
: