Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:07:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Full Obituary For Merle Crown
« previous next »
: [1]
: Full Obituary For Merle Crown  ( 2311 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 01, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »

Merle W. Crown

Fairfax - Merle Wesson Crown, 88 went to be with the Lord on Friday April 30, 2010.  He was born on August 17, 1921 in Ryegate, VT son of the late Harry W. and Winifred (Swan) Crown.  He graduated from UVM in 1943 with a B.S. in Agriculture and continued on to earn his Masters in Education in 1953.

During WWII he served in the submarine service in the U.S. Navy with duty in the Pacific Area.  He taught school in Danville, Cabot and Vergennes, VT.  Retiring from education in 1975 he worked for the State of Vermont as a cottage parent at the former Weeks School 1975 – 1979 continuing with the State Welfare Department until his retirement in August 1983.  He married the former Minnie Balch on October 5, 1953 with whom he happily spent 66 years together.

He is survived by his wife Minnie (Balch) Crown of Fairfax;  A son William Crown and wife Robin of Needham, MA;  A daughter Merlene Bolio and husband Raymond of North Wolcott;  Six grandchildren;  Eight great grandchildren;  A brother James Crown of Swanton;  A sister Ruth Wilson and husband Robert of Groton and several nieces and nephews.

He is also predeceased by his son Wayne Crown; a daughter Diana, his three brothers Wendell, John and Lyman.

At Merle’s request there will be no public visiting hours or memorial services held.  Inurnment will be private and at the convenience of the family in the family lot in the Prospect Cemetery in Vergennes.  Memorial contributions in Merle’s memory may be made to either Fairfax Rescue, P.O. Box 228 Fairfax, VT 05454 or to Binghamville United Methodist Church c/o Charles Tinker – Treas. 629 Fairfax Road Cambridge, VT 05444.  Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main St. Fairfax, VT 05454.  The family invites you to send your online condolences by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com.
« : May 01, 2010, 02:00:23 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: