Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:43:13 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  AND THE DUCKY WINNERS ARE................
« previous next »
: [1]
: AND THE DUCKY WINNERS ARE................  ( 2394 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 03, 2006, 03:53:11 PM »

Greetings on this soggy ducky day!

The Ducky Race winners this year are Lasah McMurray (#521- 1st place $200), Coleen Veino (#302 - 2nd place $100), Shirley McMurray (#521 - 3rd place $50).   Unbelievably we had two ducky winners from the same household!!!   Must have been that grandmother Shirley was hovering around that granddaughter Lasah!

The McMurray's purchased their tickets at our own Union Bank and Coleen purchased her ticket at J&L Hardware across the street!

It was a quick race, with several Fairfax people vying for that lead.  First it was Shane Meunier in the lead, then Jake Pfieffer, then Theresa Larose and Ben Bosland.  We had fun and hope everyone else who came out did too.

Congratulations to our winners and thank you to everyone who participated in this fun fundraising event.  All proceeds benefit the Fairfax Recreation Path Project.

Special thanks to the volunteers that make it all happen.  Thank you to our ducky herders Randy Mead, Brett Philips, Eli Philips, David Keefe.  Great thanks to our annual ducky pullers Sue, Brad & Ben Bosland.  Special thanks to the STARC radio club people, who provide information tracking duckies in the lead. Thank you Amanda, Cathy, the Schukie family and everyone else who got very wet this morning!

We are ever grateful to all our Ducky Vendors!   With our business community sponsorship we were able to "do it again" this year.  Thank you Creative Edge, Fairfax Auto, Fairfax Pharmacy, Family Video, Foothills Bakery, J&L Hardware, Minors Country Store, Nan's Mobile, Steeple Market and Union Bank.  Your support reflects a wonderful community spirit of Fairfax.  Thank you.

As mentioned all proceeds benefit the Fairfax Recreation Path Project.  We are happy to share that we have open bids for construction of the Recreation Path this past Friday and we were please to have five construction bids submitted and several within our budget!!!  This means we will have a Recreation Path constructed in Fairfax THIS SUMMER!   We will keep everyone posted, as we know many have worked on this project for over 10 years.

Thank you for all for your support,

The Fairfax Recreation Path Committee
(For more information you may contact Carol Lizotte, Fairfax Parks & Recreation Director, 849-9200 x2025)

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: