Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 08:51:27 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Teresa Manning's Father Dies At Age 70
« previous next »
: [1]
: Teresa Manning's Father Dies At Age 70  ( 2689 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 08, 2010, 06:39:01 AM »

ROBERT B. "BREN" MANNING

MORRISVILLE - Robert B. "Bren" Manning, 70, passed away at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., Sunday, June 6, 2010. He was born March 4, 1940, in Eden, the son of Harry R. and M. Charlotte (Rushford) Manning. He served his country in the US Air Force and the Vermont National Guard. He married Bethany Harvey on Nov. 11, 1961, in Hyde Park. He worked as a meat cutter for Grand Union in Johnson, Morrisville and other stores throughout Vermont. He was a dedicated race fan of NASCAR and the Thunder Road. He was an avid supporter of the #7 race team at Thunder Road. He served on the Johnson Fire Department for 11 years and was an active member of the VFW, Post #7779 in Hyde Park. He was a disabled veteran and was active with the Boys Scouts, Webelos and Cub Scouts. He also was a member of Mt. Norris Lodge #69 F. and A.M. in Eden and later Mt. Vernon Lodge #8 F. and A.M. in Morrisville. Besides his wife, Bethany, Bren leaves three sons, Kevin Manning of Morrisville, David Manning and his wife, Elaine, of Johnson, and Danny Manning and his wife, Ronelle, of Spokane, Wash.; four daughters, Martha Douglass and her husband, Eric, of Elmore, Teresa Manning and her companion, Kevin Bedell, of Fairfax, Rosie Brown of Hyde Park, and Holly Manning of Morrisville; a brother, Lawrence Manning and his wife, Glenda, of Stowe; two sisters, Dorothy Firkey of Eden and Clara Small and her husband, Winston, of Morrisville; special nieces, Debbie Brown of Waterbury Center and Connie Manning of Hyde Park; 10 grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren and four step-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; a son, Robert Brendon Manning Jr., and a brother, Lloyd Manning. Funeral services will be held Friday, June 11, 2010, at 11 a.m. at the VFW Post #7779, in Hyde Park. Visitation will be Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the White-Fiess Funeral Home, 165 Brooklyn Street, Morrisville. Contributions in Bren's memory may be made to the Johnson Fire Department, c/o Chief Gordon Smith, PO Box 25, Johnson, VT 05656, or to the VFW Post # 7779, PO Box 237, Hyde Park, VT 05656.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: