Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 10:32:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 9/23/10 Super Harvest Moon
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 9/23/10 Super Harvest Moon  ( 3884 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : September 22, 2010, 11:17:17 PM »

Thursday September 23, 2010
Picture of the Day

According the the Washington Post, via @lukeeriksen on Twitter, this is the "Super Harvest Moon". It's when the full moon falls on the first day of autumn. Normally, the full moon closest to the fall equinox is called the Harvest Moon. But in the rare occurence when the two times coincide, it a Super Harvest Moon. Last one was 20 years ago and the next won't be until 2029. And the dot at the bottom of the picture is Jupiter.

Margie was with friends Wednesday night and got home after I did. She thought the star next to the moon was Uranus. So she asked me, "Did you see Uranus?" I just corrected her and told her it was Jupiter. I should have been a smart-a$$ and answered with "No, I can't bend over that far." or "Why? Is it missing?".

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: