Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 01:57:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Rumor Is True
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: The Rumor Is True  ( 11048 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 05, 2010, 12:03:18 PM »

If you heard that Marion Eastman will be opening up a bakery up in the Fairfax Shopping Center near where The Post Office is, that is not a rumor.  Marion and a couple other people will be opening a bakery there and are in the process of getting the permits.

My first question for Marion was - Will you be making donuts and she said yes.

There is still quite a process to go through before they get all the permits, but I am sure all the food will be great.

Henry Raymond
Cat

« #1 : October 05, 2010, 02:21:19 PM »

Woohoo! We need a good bakery in town. One that makes a few different baked goods.
Sue W.
: 167

« #2 : October 05, 2010, 02:38:02 PM »

One with good doughnuts would be really nice!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : October 05, 2010, 02:54:28 PM »

Excellent News for FAIRFAX (And bad news for my diet!)  I guess I will be doing some extra workouts so I can have some of Marion's doughnuts.  I only like homemade doughnuts; so normally not a problem to avoid.  Oh and her pies!  This is going to cause many hours to my workout now that I think of it!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
LauriH
: 53

« #4 : October 05, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »

Boy, I hope the owners of Foothills Bakery aren't on this site!  Slaaaaaammmm!
MikeF9
: 1994

« #5 : October 05, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »

I get Saturday morning breakfast from Foothills Bakery and will continue to do so after the new place opens.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Sue W.
: 167

« #6 : October 05, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »

Foothills has excellent sandwiches & soups.  Lots of fresh local ingredients too but, no doughnuts.  Room for both establishments!
cakelady
: 43

« #7 : October 05, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »

You are correct, Henry. We are working through some permits to open up shop as soon as possible. We are very excited for this new venture and appreciate the positive feedback and support. And, I agree, I believe there is room in our wonderful town for us and Foothills. We will be offering a very different variety of goods than they do. We do not plan on serving lunch, either. Just a good, old fashioned bakery. I will keep you all posted as the project progresses.
Again, thank you all for the support!
Yvonne Eastman
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #8 : October 05, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »

I agree, I think that they will both be great for what each is, and that people will definitely frequent both! With quality comes business both from in and out of towners. As the VBC has proven, great, homemade, quality food is welcomed here!
mirjo
: 785

« #9 : October 07, 2010, 11:57:18 PM »

Where in the little plaza is there room for another establishment? I'll follow anyone with a user name of 'cakelady' I do love cake! :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator

« #10 : October 08, 2010, 06:30:03 AM »

The Northwest Supervisory Union has now moved to Georgia and that place is empty - right in the center of the mall I believe.

Henry Raymond
JJP
: 4

« #11 : October 08, 2010, 08:13:59 AM »

I had a birthday cake made by Yvonne Eastman and it was great.  She is very talented and the town will be better for having this bakery.  I have also had some of her other concoctions and they are great also.  I wish it was open today!!
mirjo
: 785

« #12 : October 08, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »

The Northwest Supervisory Union has now moved to Georgia and that place is empty - right in the center of the mall I believe.

Wow, I didn't know that was even taking place. I did notice one of the signs is gone, but didn't really think about it. Wonder if it's a cost saving measure? Guess I'll find out when I talk to the SI.

Just an FYI, it's Franklin West Supervisory Union--Northwest Supervisory Union covers Swanton & Highgate schools. :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator

« #13 : October 08, 2010, 04:09:25 PM »

Sorry Mirjo - My baby graduated from BFA in 1988 -

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #14 : October 08, 2010, 10:29:53 PM »

There is NOTHING like a small town bakery.

There is a place in Palmer called the Sugar Shack Bakery.
They fry their dognuts in peanut oil.

They melt in your mouth.

Their maple bars are exquisite!!!

Plus they are open when I roll in at 6am!

BUY LOCAL!
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: