Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 05:15:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Information About Guard Returning
« previous next »
: [1]
: Information About Guard Returning  ( 2518 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 08, 2010, 01:34:54 PM »

Hi All,

I received the following information from one of the family members of the Guard Members returning:

Hi Henry,

I received this message from the VT National Guard - just passing it along.  We are all thrilled to have our VT guard members returning but we need to be very careful about the information that we post on the internet.  I’ve never seen anyone do this on your forum but thought we should all be aware of this so we can make sure it doesn’t happen!

Thanks Henry!!

This is the information I believe we are talking about, so I am asking for help with the monitoring of this - Just send me a note if you notice anything as I had rather be safe than sorry.

Information such as troop movements, Forward Operating Base (FOB) locations, specific dates and times of returning military personnel or troop movements should never be discussed over the internet. This period is the most critical time for our soldiers as they turn the process over to a new unit. Disclosure of this information can put your soldiers and their units at serious risk.
« : November 08, 2010, 01:40:00 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : November 08, 2010, 07:11:46 PM »

Excellent warning....it's not quite a " loose lips sink ships " scenario, but it's close !!!
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : November 09, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »

Yes, OPSEC all the way! Chances are none of us loved ones will know the exact dates or movements for that reason but it's a good warning.  Have to remember that unfortunately there are people in this world that would love to get Intel on our loved ones movements to harm them!!  Can't wait til they are all home!! 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: