Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:36:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  OK, Its Frozen Turkey Hunting Time Again
« previous next »
: [1]
: OK, Its Frozen Turkey Hunting Time Again  ( 3290 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 10, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »

Every year I go out and roam through the stores looking for a 26 pound frozen Butterball, or some other premium turkey and every year I end up getting one a bit smaller.  Right after I get it, people come on the forum and tell me all about the large frozen turkeys they have found at different stores.

How about when you are out shopping, you glance through the Frozen Turkey bin and let me know before I go out and buy one, just where the big turkeys are.  They told me at one place last year that they did not have butterballs that big.

Next week, I'm on the Turkey Hunt.

Henry Raymond
khort
: 149

« #1 : November 10, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »

Henry, I am a large turkey hunter too! Many times I've found that the store brand turkeys, such as Hannafords, tend to carry the larger weight birds. They are very moist & tasty and have served our family well. I will watch for postings since I will be on the lookout also! Good Luck!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : November 10, 2010, 02:36:29 PM »

I was just down at Steeple Market and talked with Pierre - He is going to try and get me one - I didn't ask him the price, but with the cost of gas now-a-days, plus it is a bit more difficult for me to get around I am sure Pierre will do just fine on the price.

Henry Raymond
Margie
: 156

« #3 : November 10, 2010, 02:40:36 PM »

Henry, I don't know if you have tried calling the Hannaford's or Price Chopper to ask if they have a frozen bird that big?  I always get my Christmas Eve roast from the Hannaford's down the street from my office.  But I call a few days in advance and special order it.  They are really good about trying to find what you need.

However, I agree that Pierre will probably do as well for you as the other stores.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: