Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
August 07, 2024, 12:12:33 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Two Dates in Fairfax History-Spartan Industries/Milton Bradley Wood Products
« previous next »
: [1]
: Two Dates in Fairfax History-Spartan Industries/Milton Bradley Wood Products  ( 1685 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : December 04, 2010, 01:46:35 PM »

This Date in Fairfax History

December 5, 1978
The voters of the Town of Fairfax approve a tax break to Selchow & Righter for building a wood working facility on Fletcher Road. This business became known as Spartan Indutries. Wood products such as brush blocks, drumsticks, and tile and racks for the game Scrabble were made here. Eventually more game pieces for Parchessi, Jenga, Monopoly, and others were made at the facility. In the mid-1980's Sechow and Righter sold out to Coleco. Coleco soon fell on hard times, and after filing for bankruptcy, sold the Scrabble line to Milton Bradley. The facility was renamed Milton Bradley Wood Products.

Sadly, one day shy of 20 years after the tax break vote, on December 4, 1998, Milton Bradly shut down the Fairfax plant and had the game pieces made overseas.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: