Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:25:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Vermont Disaster Declaration
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vermont Disaster Declaration  ( 5509 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : December 22, 2010, 04:53:34 PM »

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release
December 22, 2010

President Obama Signs Vermont Disaster Declaration
The President today declared a major disaster exists in the State of Vermont and ordered Federal aid to supplement State and local recovery efforts in the area struck by a severe storm during the period of December 1-5, 2010.

Federal funding is available to State and eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities damaged by the severe storm in Chittenden, Franklin, and Lamoille Counties.

Federal funding is also available on a cost-sharing basis for hazard mitigation measures statewide.

W. Craig Fugate, Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Department of Homeland Security, named Albert Lewis as the Federal Coordinating Officer for Federal recovery operations in the affected area.

FEMA said additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the State and warranted by the results of further damage assessments.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: FEMA (202) 646-3272.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #1 : December 28, 2010, 02:39:10 PM »

FEMA/State of Vermont Officials to Hold Damage Assistance Briefings 

WATERBURY, VT—The Vermont Agency of Transportation, Vermont Emergency Management, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency will hold an applicant briefing on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 9:30 am for eligible State, local government, and certain private non-profit entities that wish to apply for federal disaster assistance following the December 1, 2010 wind storm.  A federal disaster declaration under the FEMA Public Assistance Program was issued on December 22, 2010 for Chittenden, Franklin, and Lamoille counties. 

The briefing will outline the steps which applicants must take to apply for and receive federal aid, and what damages and costs may be eligible for reimbursement through the Public Assistance Program.  FEMA funds may be available to cover up to 75% of the costs associated with the response to and recovery from the wind storm.  To start the application process for reimbursement, any eligible organization MUST have a representative at the meeting listed below.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011:
Chittenden, Franklin, and Lamoille Counties:
9:30 am – Johnson State College, Bentley Hall, Room 207, 337 College Hill, Johnson, VT.

For more information contact Vermont Emergency Management at (800) 347-0488.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : December 30, 2010, 01:13:00 AM »

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly was the disaster during December 1 - 5, 2010?

Ben and Jerry's loose power?
slpott
: 457

« #3 : December 30, 2010, 07:27:46 AM »

Mike. Just to give you an idea of my disaster on 12/1/10. I opened a south facing door outward and a gust of wind came up and ripped it off the house, threw me off the deck, my 2 100 lb. dogs and my mother. All of which landed on me and broke my elbow in 3 places and my wrist. I would definitely consider it a disaster as I had not decorated my house nor had I baked Chris and Henry their christmas cookies.
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« #4 : December 30, 2010, 09:19:43 AM »

The library has application information posted on our bulletin board and I will also email it to anyone who asks.
www.DisasterAssistance.gov is a good place to start.

« : December 30, 2010, 09:38:13 AM Henry »
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : December 31, 2010, 12:26:24 AM »

Thank you.

Wrist AND elbow, not so great to injure at ALL!
I hope you have a speedy AND FULL recover.

Mike. Just to give you an idea of my disaster on 12/1/10. I opened a south facing door outward and a gust of wind came up and ripped it off the house, threw me off the deck, my 2 100 lb. dogs and my mother. All of which landed on me and broke my elbow in 3 places and my wrist. I would definitely consider it a disaster as I had not decorated my house nor had I baked Chris and Henry their christmas cookies.
Chris Santee

« #6 : December 31, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »

and some good cookies they were.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »