Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:36:24 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Verizon To Start Selling IPhone In Early February
« previous next »
: [1]
: Verizon To Start Selling IPhone In Early February  ( 2497 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 11, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »

Verizon Wireless says it will start selling a version of the iPhone 4 in early February, giving U.S. iPhone buyers a choice of carriers for the first time.

Since it launched in 2007, Apple's phone has been sold exclusively for AT&T's network in the U.S., while most other countries had several carriers.

Verizon Communications Inc.'s chief operating officer, Lowell McAdam, is making the announcement Tuesday in New York. He's joined by Apple COO Tim Cook, who calls it "the beginning of a great relationship between Verizon and Apple."

Sales are to begin Feb. 10 with pre-orders starting on Feb. 3.

The arrival of the Verizon iPhone has been long expected.

Click on the following link for more:

http://www.fox44now.com/Global/story.asp?S=13822673

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : January 11, 2011, 01:23:59 PM »

This is INDEED great news announced today!  So for all my friends who have asked "When are you guys going to sell the IPhone?" the wait is over! 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
fletchtb
: 310

« #2 : January 12, 2011, 12:11:21 AM »

I understand the appeal of iPhones, but I prefer Android phones by far. The current set of of available Android Phones (Droid X, Droid 2, Samsung Fascinate) line up nicely against the iPhone. When the 4G Android phones like the Motorola BIONIC and HTC Thunderbolt are released before April, it will be even better.

I am already saving my pennies for the new Motorola XOOM Android tablet which was just named the best new product at last week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: