Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:38:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Football Field Featured On Tonight's Channel 3 News
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Football Field Featured On Tonight's Channel 3 News  ( 2151 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 28, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

Script From Tonight's News:

BFA-Fairfax is in it's first season of varsity football. Starting a high school football program is a long and hard process, but as Mike McCune shows us in tonight's Spotlight on Sports, the folks in Fairfax are already on solid ground.

((clips from "Field of Dreams.")) "If you build it, he will come." "Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa." --- Actually, it's Fairfax. At the junction of Routes 104 and 128 sits the home field of the new BFA-Fairfax football team. It its first varsity season, the Bullets are off to a 2-1 start, but not long ago they didn't have a field to stand on. ---((Sean Plant/BFA-Fairfax Captain/"I remember when this was just a cornfield, so, his is great that we've been able to do this.")) --- That's right, he said cornfield. When the Fairfax community decided to start a high school team, they needed a field. So Karen McNall and her husband Glenn turned part of their cornfield into a football field. With the help of a local excavation company, they created their own field of dreams. --- ((Karen McNall/"Every time I go to work, I turn my head and look over here. Seeing this is a great accomplishment.")) --- ((Mike Williams/BFA-Fairfax Head Coach/"You can envision it because there's nothing else around here. There's an alfalfa field and there's a cornfield across the street and it's just woods. It's a football field in the middle of nowhere and it's just fantastic.")) --- There aren't many frills, but with fertile farmland underneath, the playing surface might be one of the best in the state. --- ((McNall/"It may not have bleachers, it may not have a press box, but we have a field.")) --- ((Mike McCune/Fairfax/"The high school team isn't the only one to call this field home. The growing Fairfax youth program also plays on this former cornfield, guaranteeing that the sport of football will continue to grow in Fairfax.")) --- Despite it's unique beginnings, the players love their home turf. --- ((Ben Landry/BFA-Fairfax Captain/"Sometimes we'll get criticized. Kids will come in, 'Oh, we're playing on a cornfield.' It's not a cornfield anymore, it's a football field.")) --- It's taken a lot of effort, but just like the rows of corn across the street, football in Fairfax is on the rise. --- ((McNall/"A lot of these kids have never played a sport in their lives. So, to see that happen is just success to me.")) --- In Fairfax, Mike McCune, Channel Three Spotlight on Sports.

If you would like to check out some photos of McNall Field during its development, check on the following slideshow:

[/b]
« : September 29, 2006, 08:35:34 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: