Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:26:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photos from the 1941 BFA Fire Remembrance
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photos from the 1941 BFA Fire Remembrance  ( 3146 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 17, 2011, 11:47:20 PM »

35-40 people turned out to remember and hear about the night BFA was gutted by fire back on January 17, 1941.
Henry was there and took some pictures.
Click here for a slideshow:
http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/slideshow.php?set_albumName=BFA70

One interesting note:
The first issue of the BFA Buzzer was found and it was discovered exactly when the evening basketball games, being played at the old Grange Hall, were interupted as it was announced that the school was on fire.
The girls game was in the third quarter with Highgate leading BFA 36-6 when the game was stopped. The scheduled boys game vs. Milton was not played.
Three members of that girls team were in attendence Monday night- Beverly Stewart Taylor, Louise Bellows Counos, and Joyce Bellows McCuin.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : January 18, 2011, 05:48:08 AM »

Mike; thank you for  organizing such a nice event! And thank you for your super sleuthing and finding those photos and the Buzzer.  Cool!
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : January 18, 2011, 06:07:28 AM »

Mike       I also send my thanks to you for organizing this event and to Henry for his contributing part to this gathering . Wonderful to see all these familiar faces !!!! Nicely done .
: [1]  
« previous next »
: