Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:26:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I-189 Accident
« previous next »
: [1]
: I-189 Accident  ( 2712 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : January 18, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »

Please drive safely out there............

NEWS RELEASE
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE
TROOP A – WILLISTON
2777 SAINT GEORGE ROAD
WILLISTON, VERMONT 05495
(802) 878-7111     FAX (802) 878-2742

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CASE#:           11A100282                             
TROOPER:      M. Magnant                                         
STATION:      VSP-Williston
CONTACT#:   (802) 878-7111
DATE/TIME:   01/17/2011  1258 hrs
LOCATION:   I189 (westbound) at Shelburne Road (Rt 7) South Burlington, VT

Early Monday afternoon, troopers from the Williston State Police Barracks responded to a motor vehicle crash, involving five vehicles, on Interstate I189 (westbound) at Shelburne Road, in the City of South Burlington. 

A tractor trailer truck operated by 23 year old Denys Andrukh of Downer Grove, Illinois was traveling westbound on Interstate I189.    Andrukh advised that as he approached the intersection of Shelburne Road his brakes failed.   Attempts to use alternate braking methods were unsuccessful.    Andrukh attempted to maneuver the tractor trailer between two lanes of traffic.  In doing so the Tractor Trailer struck a Chittenden County Transportation Authority (CCTA) Bus in the right lane and caused a chain reaction collision between three vehicles in the left lane.   

The bus, operated by 44 year old Shawn Potter of Northfield, Vermont, was transporting 3-4 passengers at the time of the crash.  One of the passenger’s, 23 year old Heidi Ishko of Montpelier, Vermont, sought medical treatment for a minor wrist injury following the crash.   No one else was injured in this crash.   

The  vehicles, involved in the chain reaction collision included a 1994, Mitsubishi 3000GT operated by 55 year old John Akey of South Burlington, Vermont, a 2005, Honda Odyssey operated by 37 year old Chantel Bouchard-Einhorn of Essex Junction, Vermont and a 2005, Chevrolet Pick-Up Truck operated by 52 year old Michael Sanchez of Milton, Vermont.

Seatbelts were in use by all operators and the occupants of the passenger cars involved in the crash. 

The tractor trailer, which is owned by Random Transit Inc. of Lake Zurich, Illinois, was hauling coffee and was fully loaded at the time of the crash.   Inspectors from the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Commercial Vehicle Unit responded and conducted an inspection of the tractor trailer truck.  Enforcement action is pending the outcome of the DMV inspection and State Police investigation.     

State Police and DMV were assisted at the scene by the South Burlington Police & Fire Departments.  Traffic was reduced to one lane at the scene of the crash for approximately 45 minutes while the vehicles were removed.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: