Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:30:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mount Mansfield Union Incident
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mount Mansfield Union Incident  ( 10668 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : January 18, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »

PRESS RELEASE
Incident at Mount Mansfield High School

Jericho, VT 1/18/2011 – On Tuesday, January 18 at 8:13AM, the Williston Barracks received a 911 call about an unresponsive male in the bathroom at Mount Mansfield Union High School. Essex Rescue and the Vermont State Police were dispatched immediately to the scene. Upon arrival, medical personnel transported the patient to Fletcher Allen Hospital in Burlington, Vermont. Conner Menning, age 15 of Huntington, Vermont, a student at Mount Mansfield High School, was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Detectives with the Vermont State Police Bureau of Investigation remain on scene, investigating this incident. The initial investigation indicates the student suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound. No further information is available, at this time.

The Chittenden East Supervisory Union issued the following statement, “There has been an accident involving a firearm at Mt. Mansfield Union High School, students are safe, the building is safe. The police and medical professionals have been contacted and are on site. School will be in session for the rest of exams today. We will update you with additional information shortly.  Questions should be directed to Mt. Mansfield Union High School at 802-899-2008 or 802-899-4690.”

Lieutenant Brian H. Miller, of the Vermont State Police, and Superintendant John Albergahini, of the Chittenden East Supervisory Union, will issue a press statement at 11AM at the Williston Barracks.

When more information becomes available the state police will issue an update.

We also encourage parents of Mount Mansfield Union students to be at home when their children arrive home from school to help them through this unfortunate incident.

Case Number: 11A100290
###

Stephanie Dasaro | Vermont State Police Public Information Officer | Public Safety Web Manager

103 S. Main Street | Waterbury, Vermont 05671

802-241-5277 (PIO) | 802-241-5443 (Web Manager) | 802-279-9773 (cell)

www.vtsp.org | www.facebook.com/VermontStatePolice

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : January 18, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »

That is so sad..... Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : January 19, 2011, 08:17:25 AM »

There's students that know the victim here at Fairfax as well as a coach who personally coached him for many years.  It is sad, and very tragic.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : January 19, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »

For whatever reason you may have done this Connor, May you now be at peace.

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #4 : January 19, 2011, 09:42:15 AM »

Henry    I looked at the picture in the Free Press ( which you recently posted ) around 5: 30 am today and was shocked by the similarity between Connor and my grandson Ian's ( at age 15 ) images. Needless to say , I was visibly shaken for a few minutes. Ian's picture in his football uniform sits on my computer desk and I wondered how anything could be so horrible that Ian ( or Conner ) could not find someone to talk to about it. I wonder also how his ( Conner's ) family and friends can manage the grief that comes as a result of his actions , knowing that I probably couldn't. At that time , I wanted to call my family in Chicago ( 4: 30 am ) to check on their status.......fortunately I didn't . It's got to be difficult for so many individuals at MMU and in Huntington.....I certainly pray for their wellbeing and for Conner.
When I used to be involved in multiple kids lives , I worried constantly about their depressions .....especially when I was involved in disciplining them . In fact , a student had to really be obnoxious and belligerent in order for me to not be concerned about the effect of our ( my ) actions. I'm sure everyone associated with this young man is questioning their role in his life. My thoughts are with them also. Sad, sad , sad time.   
Chris Santee

« #5 : January 19, 2011, 11:26:10 AM »

my heart is breaking........
another teen suicide in Vermont

PRESS RELEASE
Suicide in Dummerston

Dummerston, VT 1/17/2011 – On January 17 at approximately 12:07PM, Vermont State Police in Brattleboro responded to a residence in Dummerston, Vermont  for a reported suicide. Upon arrival, investigators learned that Leah Short, age 16, was at her residence when she was discovered unresponsive by a family member. The family member immediately called 911 and began administering care until rescue arrived.  She was transported to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital by Rescue, Inc. where she was pronounced deceased.

The results of an autopsy, which was conducted at the Vermont Chief Medical Examiner’s Office on January 18, determined that the victim died as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound and her death was ruled a suicide.

“The two separate incidents of suicide in the last 36 hours are tragic, but unrelated,” said Lt. Todd Illingworth, of the Vermont State Police. “And we wish to send our sincere condolences to the families, friends, students, and communities affected by these tragedies.”

If you know of someone experiencing a mental health crisis, the Vermont State Police encourage students, parents, families, friends, and educators to ask for help from local mental health professionals, clergy members, family members, friends, or from the state police. And if you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please seek assistance. For information about 24-Hour Crisis Hotlines and National Suicide Prevention, visit http://mentalhealth.vermont.gov/ or http://www.save.org/.

« : January 19, 2011, 12:21:08 PM Henry »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : January 19, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »

WOW that is so sad both so young!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
ohhman
: 469

« #7 : January 19, 2011, 01:41:28 PM »

Such very sad news.  I wish more kids could realize the harm they do when they pick @ kids; something my partner has said has "gone on for years" but as I say, it's so different now with so much technology that can be used in harmful ways.  Read the papers: kids taking pictures in locker rooms & sending them on their phones, nasty text messages...just look at the CRAP on facebook!- such a good thing when used in a positive way.  Speaking from experience, if you hear kids meanly picking at others, step in & say something!  I can honestly say I know how this affects kids;  I witness it EVERY day! The other night I was watching my son cheer @ the varsity game when a couple kids made fun of cheerleaders;  I knew one that was sticking up for these athletes & knew I had to say something! I nicely asked if these kids thought it was a "wussy sport", as they stated,  & if they felt that way, I could ask the coach if maybe they could try it & run some routines with the cheerleaders.....well, apologies were given & all went OK....but it wasn't going that way at first.   There is an old saying "stick & stones can break my bones, but names can never hurt me"......OH YES THEY CAN & DO  & you don't know how long those names haunt you.  Many parents have said, hug your kid today, NOT just today but every day & always know, YOU are your child's BEST advocate!
Prayers & thoughts with the parents & families & their community. 
Chris Santee

« #8 : January 19, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »

A+ for 3plus

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »