Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:36:24 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  VBC Closing?
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: VBC Closing?  ( 24940 )
swilliam
: 47

« : January 21, 2011, 10:44:51 AM »

I have heard  that the VBC may be closing....am wondering if it is true as I really like the restaurant and have had such good meals there.  Can anyone confirm this?
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : January 21, 2011, 01:50:37 PM »

I cannot confirm this either, but have heard the rumors and suspect it is true.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Margie
: 156

« #2 : January 21, 2011, 03:31:41 PM »

I have only been there once and had a horrible meal.  I've talked with other people who had the same experience.  I haven't returned since.  And considering the lack of vehicles in the parking lot whenever I drive by...
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #3 : January 21, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »

We've always had good food, after the new owners took over.  I hope they are not closing.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Cat

« #4 : January 21, 2011, 04:13:25 PM »

I have only been there once and had a horrible meal.  I've talked with other people who had the same experience.  I haven't returned since.  And considering the lack of vehicles in the parking lot whenever I drive by...

We went there the first week it opened & the food was wonderful. A few months later we went back & the food was not very good. We would never go back there.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : January 21, 2011, 04:33:57 PM »

I have eaten there many times and can say I have had a great meal each time.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : January 21, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »

We get take out from there quite a bit and I have always enjoyed the food!! That sucks if they close no more Switchback in Fairfax :( !!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
fletchtb
: 310

« #7 : January 21, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »

You can put me in the fan category. I, too, hope they don't close.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #8 : January 25, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »

Chris Santee's Web Site announces the closing of The Vermont Breakfast Company:

http://www.franklinone.com/

Henry Raymond
swilliam
: 47

« #9 : January 26, 2011, 09:36:05 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear this, but hope another establishment can fill the need for a reasonably priced family restaurant in town.
trussell
: 870

« #10 : January 26, 2011, 09:47:35 AM »

Wow, this is sad :(  But I'm glad 158 Main will remain open and wish Jack and crew all the best!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #11 : January 26, 2011, 09:50:58 AM »

Mary Kay & I went there to eat this past Sunday - We are only 8 miles from Jeffersonville & 158 Main, so still do not have a long ways to go.  Still sorry to see them go, but it was a tough year to open a new business and I for one to not actually go out to a restaurant to eat very often.

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #12 : January 26, 2011, 10:17:56 AM »

WAS it the fod?  or the service?  In the beginning, they had soem real choice young people working there- who thought they were entitled to at least a %15 tip nomatter how good their person skills were.  how hard is it to ake an order, read specials, and bring food with a smile and good attitude?  If you DON't want to work there - DON'T.
   To be fair, in the second half of their ownership they had better staff - we always requested this one server who had worked in the old Country Pantry - best server there! 

FXDHS and Trevor,

it will be sad to see Switchback on tap in Fairfax go..... :(

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
sweetpeakt
: 43

« #13 : January 26, 2011, 10:21:39 AM »

I'm so disapointed!  I really enjoyed going there on Sunday morning for breakfast.  We didn't go much for lunch or dinner but have never had a breakfast that I didn't like.  Does anyone know why??
trussell
: 870

« #14 : January 26, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »

Yes, I'll be sad to see Switchback leave Fairfax- but my wife never let me have it with my breakfast anyway :(

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: