Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:29:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Barb Duval's Father Passes Away At The Age Of 88
« previous next »
: [1]
: Barb Duval's Father Passes Away At The Age Of 88  ( 2918 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 22, 2011, 07:58:54 AM »

FRANCIS ROBERT "BUDDY" FOLINO

MIDDLEBURY - Buddy died peacefully in his family's embrace at his home in Middlebury on Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2011. Born on Feb. 2, 1922 in Boston, Mass. to Antonio and Anna (Sergi) Folino, he is survived by his wife and love of 64 years, Virginia Brewer; daughters, Barbara and husband, Bill Duval, of Fairfax, Betty of Hillerod, Denmark, Carol and husband, John Koerner, of Charlotte, Marianne (Muffin) and husband, Mark Dubie, of Fairfield; and his son, David and wife, Susan Folino, of Bristol. He is blessed to have 17 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. Buddy attended Bridgton Academy and graduated from Colby College in Waterville, ME, where he met Virginia and was captain of the hockey team. His education was interrupted when he served in the navy during WWII. He married Virginia in Watertown, Mass. on Sept. 21, 1946. He was known as Buddy to nearly everyone, and this was not incidental. He was everyone's friend. He possessed a combination of curiosity, empathy and happiness that he shared freely and he became everyone's buddy. He will be remembered by hundreds for his wink, his smile and his ability to uplift others. His natural curiosity was not limited to people. He combined this trait with his creativity and inventiveness and became a very successful business person. His mind was a constant source of new ways of doing things, some of which were successful. He generated enough good ideas to create a thriving business and give back to his community. He worked to create scholarships for college students by starting Dollars for Scholars in Vermont. He was a village trustee and director of the recreation department in Essex Junction. He was instrumental in planning, fund-raising and building the hockey rink in Essex Junction, where he dropped the first puck in the opening game, as a referee. He coached hundreds of kids in Essex youth hockey and was the first collegiate hockey referee in Vermont. He was active in and supportive of the Vermont Honduras Partners. In later years in Maine, he served on various volunteer boards and was responsible for fund-raising, designing and erecting the stone monuments which are now a regional land-mark on Caterpillar Hill in Sedgewick, ME. Even in the last few difficult months of his life his spirit shined through. His empathy, curiosity and positive energy were felt by everyone around him as he smiled and asked how they were doing. Special thanks are given to the entire staff at the Lodge at Otter Creek and especially to Hospice R.N. Kathy Laframboise and Dr. William Porter for their kind attention. A gathering of remembrance for friends and family will be held on Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011 at 3:30 p.m. at the Lodge at Otter Creek, 350 Lodge Road in Middlebury. Arrangements are in care of Stephen C. Gregory and Son of Shelburne. For those who wish, donations may be made to Addison County Home Health and Hospice or the 52 Kids Foundation, http://52kids.org/.

« : January 22, 2011, 08:05:41 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : January 22, 2011, 08:09:43 AM »

Barb, my condolences go out to you on the death of your father - Also, please extend my condolences to your daughter & grandchildren who live here in the village.  (Sorry I cannot remember their names)

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #2 : January 22, 2011, 07:46:48 PM »

Barb, Mark and I extend our heartfelt sympathy to you and your family at this time. Mark & Judi Hunziker
« : January 22, 2011, 07:50:42 PM Judi »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: