Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 12:38:21 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  St. Albans Woman I-89 Fatality
« previous next »
: [1]
: St. Albans Woman I-89 Fatality  ( 2655 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : February 01, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE
PRESS RELEASE
MOTOR VEHICLE CRASH - FATALITY

CASE#: 11A100552
TROOPER: Sgt. Gregory Campbell       STATION: VSP - Williston                   
CONTACT#: 878-7111
DATE/TIME: 02-01-11 at 1543 hours

VEHICLE #1 OPERATOR:  COVILLON, Kimberly M.     AGE: 44     SEAT BELT? Y 
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: St. Albans, VT
DESCRIPTION OF VEHICLE: 2000 Ford Explorer
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE: Moderate roll-over damage with heavy roof damage directly above the driver compartment.

VEHICLE #2 OPERATOR: N/A                         

INJURIES:
Operator #1 - Deceased
Passenger - Aaron COVILLON/ AGE: 19 / SEAT BELT? Y/ NATURE OF INJURY: Minor lacerations to the face.

HOSPITAL: N/A               
WEATHER:  Cold and snowing moderately   
ROAD COND: Snow covered in areas

SUMMARY OF CRASH: On 02-01-11 at approximately 1543 hours VSP – Williston dispatch was advised of a one vehicle roll-over into the center median adjacent to I-89 South at MM 95/05 in Colchester.  Sgt. Gregory Campbell arrived on scene at 1544 hours and observed Vehicle #1 on its roof in the center median and the male passenger exiting the vehicle.  Operator #1, who was still positioned in the left front seat, was unresponsive.  She was later pronounced dead at the scene. 

The preliminary investigation revealed Vehicle #1 was traveling on I-89 South when Operator #1 lost control of the vehicle.  Vehicle #1 began to spin counter-clockwise and veered into the center median.  When the vehicle struck the snow embankment it rolled over several times before coming to rest on its roof, facing southwest.

Although the investigation is on-going, speed and the existing road conditions were factors in the incident. 

Anyone with information about this accident is asked to contact Sgt. Gregory Campbell at the Vermont State Police Barracks in Williston: 878-7111.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: