Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:30:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Australian Ballot Results - Unofficial
« previous next »
: [1]
: Australian Ballot Results - Unofficial  ( 3052 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 01, 2011, 09:15:18 PM »

Selectperson 3 years - Chris Santee -- 449 Votes

Selectperson 2 years - Bob Horr - 486 Votes

Library Trustee - Elizabeth Griffin - 545 Votes

Cemetery Commissioner - James I Minor, Sr.  560 Votes

BFA School Director - 3 years - Elaine Carpenter - 521 Votes

BFA School Director - 2 years - Rachelle Howard 299  Votes - Chris Santee 264 Votes

Town Article 2 (Town Budget) - In Favor - 458 - Opposed - 155

Town Article 3 - (Purchase 9.9 Acres Land) - In Favor - 296 - Opposed - 316

School Article 2 - (School Budget) In Favor - 373 - Opposed - 248

School Article 3  - (Borrow Money) - In Favor - 391 - Opposed - 218

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : March 02, 2011, 07:59:28 AM »

We had a total of 615 voters that came out to vote.  It was kind of a strange day with many voters commenting as they came to check out that there wasn't much for them to decide in regards for people running, as most of them were decided on write-in votes.  All the write-in votes were counted last night and all went very smoothly I thought as 4 teams counted the votes.  I will go down sometime later today and get those results for you, unless someone else does it before I do.

The Gym was very cold for those of us sitting there and I did take about an hour and came home to a nice warm house to get warm.  I actually wore my winter jacket part of the time.  As usual I met a lot of new people with names I never heard before, and I do so enjoy meeting our Fairfax Residents, both new and old.  It wasn't so busy yesterday, that there was time to visit with many of them as they came through to vote.

Those of us working are very grateful to Karen Hebert for the nice lunch she provided for us out of the kindness of her heart.  Karen, it was delicious and believe me we do appreciate it.  You are a wonderful person to do this for us.

Don Pigeon came through the line yesterday and he tells me that he and the road crew have come up with another piece of equipment the made themselves that has saved the Town of Fairfax about $17,000.  Our Fairfax Road Crew, with their Yankee Ingenuity, has done it again, so I will be getting with them when the weather gets a little spring-like and get some photos and a description of what they did.

Will try to catch you later today with the rest of the results.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : March 03, 2011, 09:04:35 AM »

I went down yesterday to check to see if anyone received enough write-in votes to be elected.  I believe the number required is 35 write-in votes.  From what I could see, John Schraven is the only one who receive an adequate number of votes for Town & School Moderator.

I did hear a number of complaints from people that attended the Saturday Meeting that the PA System was not adequate as you could not hear what voters or speakers were saying.  I believe they are working on something to improve it for next year.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: