Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:33:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Some High Winds Tonight When The March Wind Doth Blow
« previous next »
: [1]
: Some High Winds Tonight When The March Wind Doth Blow  ( 2663 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 04, 2011, 08:13:15 AM »

For those of you that live in Doublewides or Single Trailers, I am sure you will feel the winds tonight as The March Wind Doth Blow.

The cold snap will be ending today.  Temperatures will climb into the upper 20s and low 30s for highs.  Clouds will mix with some sunshine today as that warmer air comes in on increasingly strong south winds.

The winds will be gusty out of the south tonight, especially in the Champlain Valley.  A *WIND ADVISORY* will be in effect for the Vermont side of the Champlain Valley from 7 PM Friday to 10 AM Saturday.  Wind gusts could be as high as 50 mph.

A strong frontal system will bring a variety of wet & wintry weather to the North Country over the weekend.  A light wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain Saturday morning will change to all rain as we get into the afternoon with temperatures climbing into the upper 30s and low-to-mid 40s.  Rain will continue Saturday night and into most of Sunday.  Some heavy downpours are possible, and we'll be monitoring any flooding problems that could arise.

By late afternoon on Sunday, the rain will start changing back over to wet snow.  We could see several inches of accumulation Sunday night.

A few snow showers will linger into Monday morning before we start to clear out and cool down again.  Highs on Monday will be back down in the 20s

Henry Raymond
Razzle Dazzle

« #1 : March 05, 2011, 08:00:08 AM »

I stood on the ice...fishing.
Got blown around, skating when I didn't mean too and when I didn't want to.
Brutal winds out there yesterday!
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : March 05, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »

March breezes loud and shrill
Stir the dancing daffodil....
: [1]  
« previous next »
: