Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:42:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Native Lawrence Barkyoumb Dies At Age 86
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Native Lawrence Barkyoumb Dies At Age 86  ( 1962 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 09, 2011, 09:27:30 AM »

LAWRENCE N. BARKYOUMB

ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - Lawrence (Larry) Norman Barkyoumb, 86, of Englewood, Fla., passed away quietly in Springfield, Mass., on Friday; March 31, 2011, to join the love if his life, Laurence (Lari) , who predeceased him on Feb. 20, 2011.  Larry was born Jan. 16, 1925, in Fairfax.

He was a proud Navy veteran of World War II where he served on the USS Montpelier. After retiring from the Central Vermont
Railroad in 1984, they moved to Florida to make their new home.

Larry was a member of the VFW Post 758 in St. Albans, and a very active member of the American Legion in Florida. He was a
great tinkerer and became known as Mr. Fix It. He was called upon by many residents of their retirement community to dowse wells
or repair plumbing.

Larry and Lari loved to travel. They also loved music and attended countless country and western concerts. They frequently enjoyed sitting under the shade of their fruit trees with an afternoon cocktail while greeting and conversing with passersby. But Larry's true passion was fishing. He was often called the "Grand Champion" by pulling up fish, whether from fresh or salt water,
and through the ice. A passion he passed on to his sons.

Larry is survived by three sons: Roland and his wife, Sandra, of Colchester, Conn., Michael and his wife, Nancy; of Swanton, and Gary and his wife, Beth, of Springfield, Mass.; grandchildren: Kellie and her husband, Bin Hardigan, of Wallingford, Conn., and Nicole Barkyoumb of Colchester, Conn. Larry is also survived by his brother, Bernard Barkyoumb, of Englewood, Fla., and Lucille Deith of Melbourne, Fla.; along with many nieces and nephews.

Larry's broad grin will be missed by all who loved and knew him.

A celebration of Larry's life and internment at St. Francis of Assisi in Englewood, Fla. is yet to be determined.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: