Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:13:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Police Call Off Search Unless They Receive More Tips
« previous next »
: [1]
: Police Call Off Search Unless They Receive More Tips  ( 4048 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 12, 2006, 06:53:12 PM »

--
Police have expanded their search for an elderly woman in Westford.

Search teams, using ATV's and dogs, fanned out around Westford Saturday to look for 78 year-old Mary Wilcox. Police say Wilcox has Alzheimers and apparently left her Cambridge Road home on foot Wednesday. She hasn't been seen since. Foul play is not suspected, and police are asking the public for any and all tips. "Obviously she's been missing for almost 3 days now -- there are some concerns for her condition. We're concerned its getting colder at night and just because of the age of the person we're dealing with," said Vermont State Police Lt. Rob Evans.

Police say Wilcox does not have her medication with her. She is 5-feet tall, and about 165 pounds. She may have been carrying a maroon plastic bag. If you have any information, please contact the state police: 802-878-7111.[/b]
« : November 13, 2006, 10:20:52 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : November 13, 2006, 07:50:02 AM »

Westford, Vermont - November 12, 2006

A possible break in the case of a missing woman from Westford.

Search teams gathered at the Westford Fire Station Sunday morning to continue their search for 78 year-old Mary Wilcox.

Wilcox was last seen Wednesday by her family as she left her home on Cambridge Road, apparently upset about a possible change in her living situation. Police say Wilcox has Alzheimers disease and they do not suspect foul play.

Police are encouraged because of possible sighting Saturday. "We did have a possible sighting in a wooded area, in the area we are searching now in Westford. The sighting was at approximately 8:30 a.m. yesterday morning, it wasn't reported to us until after 2:00 p.m. yesterday afternoon," said Vermont State Police Lt. Dee Glynn.

After receiving the tip Saturday, search teams looked for Wilcox the rest of the day and into the night. Police used two helicopters, more than 50 people and canines in the search. The search was postponed Saturday night due to the rain and colder weather that arrived, but the search began again Sunday morning.

"We've got a number of search teams out in the area, and again these are trained searchers and that includes ground searchers and canines. Unfortunately we weren't able to continue with our air search which we did do yesterday with two helicopters. Today we're obviously hindered by the weather, we have a very low ceiling and that's just not going to be possible," said Glynn.

Police say that Wilcox was wearing a coat, but that she may have taken shelter to get out of the elements. "We would encourage anyone who's living out in this area to check their garages, sheds, out buildings and that type of thing. It certainly is a possibility that she may have sought cover in some kind of garage or shed or something."

Police say Wilcox is wearing a tan coat, brown pants and shoes. If you have any information, please contact the State Police.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : November 13, 2006, 07:42:57 PM »

Unless more clues come in, Search has been halted for 78 Year Old Mary Wilcox.

Very sad.  Even though I didn't know the lady, it does stress me to think she is out there in the elements - Let us say a prayer that someone has taken her in and she is comfortable.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: