Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:51:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Father Julian Being Transferred To Holy Cross Parish In Colchester
« previous next »
: [1]
: Father Julian Being Transferred To Holy Cross Parish In Colchester  ( 3778 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 05, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »

We have received word from the Most Reverend Salvatore R. Matano, Bishop of Burlington, Vermont, that Father Julian Asucan will be transferred as of July 4th, 2011 to Holy Cross Parish in Colchester where he will be appointed administrator.  We thank him for his excellent work over these past years and wish him well.  We will list the date and time for a farewell gathering for Father Julian at St. Luke’s and St. Ann’s.

Father Julian’s replacement will be Father Soosai Raj (Father Raj) who is with the same order as Father Maria.  Right now Father Raj is residing in Barre at St. Monica’s.

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : June 05, 2011, 11:19:04 PM »

Henry, do you know why there is all this moving around of priests? Why can't one stay in a single parish for an entire career if he chooses?

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : June 06, 2011, 06:54:46 AM »

Priests are usually moved around because there are usually a few people who do not hit it off with a particular priest.  One area where there is usually little movement is up in the Islands - Alburg, Isle La Motte, North Hero, South Hero and Grande Isle.  For some strange reason priests are left up there for years, like Father Poirier and Father Branon.

Each new priest will have some new ideas - Father Julian was very well liked and brought a number of people who had been away from the church for sometime back - He made many visits to the house when Maryann was alive and was a great comfort to me and my family when she passed away.  I and my family will miss him, but I am sure we will soon adapt to a new priest.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : June 06, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »

Fr. Julian is a super priest and I will miss him very much!  I could talk to him about anything I had a question on and never felt like it was innappropriate or I should know it.  He was very good to my Mom and she really enjoyed him as well. I am sure Fr. Raj will be wonderful, but Fr. Julian will always have a special place in my heart for all he has done for me; especially helping my family with the passing of my mother.

And for those at Holy Cross, you will love Fr. Julian's homilies! He seems to be able to throw in a little humor in everyone and get a great message across at the same time.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mirjo
: 785

« #4 : June 07, 2011, 08:35:15 AM »

I remember Fr. LaPlante being  at St. Louis Parish in Highgate when I was a kid, I think he was there for most or all of his career. He was (seemed) old then. I believe he is deceased now and has been for some time, but I don't ever remember another priest coming there until he was very elderly.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: