Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:37:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fund for Fallen Police Officers-C.O.P.S. Walk
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fund for Fallen Police Officers-C.O.P.S. Walk  ( 2211 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 08, 2011, 11:09:39 PM »

Maybe you've heard of this, but didn't realize a former Fairfax person was organizing it.
Chrissy (Hunt) Johnson, daughter of Marty and Becky (Ferguson) Hunt is organizing a walk to honor officers killed in the line of duty. Her brother in law was Michael Johnson, who was killed in the line of duty a few years ago.
This is the info she posted on Facebook:

On July 16th 2011 show support and raise money for Concerns of Police Survivors and Honor Police Officers that were killed the line of duty. 164 were killed in 2010 each one of those we will pay special tribute to. The walk wil be 3.12 miles through the City to raise the awareness of their sacrafices. There is a minimum donation of $20 per walker, each walker will receive a t-shirt and an entry for the prizes that will be given away. We will also have a 50/50 raffle and silent auction. Last year we had 144 walkers, invite your friends, co-workers, get a group together, all proceeds will go towards helping these families rebuild their shattered lives. Early Registration Required Deadline June 25th: Mailing address:4005 Lower Newton Road Swanton VT 05488... Make Checks payable to Christine Johnson and in the memo section please put COPS. with your t-shirt size.. If you would like to sponsor one of the officers its $50 per officer. There will be a sign made up and will be displayed on the lawn of the Sheriff's department the day of the walk. The business or person that sponsors the officer will receive the sign back after the walk..Again ENTRY DEADLINE JUNE 25th. There will be a barbecue after the walk put on by the Franklin County Sheriff's department at the St. Albans Bay park right after the walk. PLease come down for a burger or a dog and play some horse shoes, volleyball... or just chat with other walkers.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : June 09, 2011, 08:53:09 AM »

Good Event for a great cause!! Chrissy, Does and awesome job this is the second year she has done it!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : June 09, 2011, 10:51:37 AM »

It is a great cause and Chrissy is dedicated to it all year long!  I have sponsored an officier as I will be unable to make the walk, but may make the BBQ after.  She also has a link where you can donate online as well.  I don't have it with me right now but will post it when I am home. 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: