Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:55:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Would You Like To Propose Some Recreation Activities For Fairfax???
« previous next »
: [1]
: Would You Like To Propose Some Recreation Activities For Fairfax???  ( 2342 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 15, 2006, 11:14:26 AM »

Greetings,

There is a Fairfax Recreation Programming meeting tonight open to the community.  If you are interested in proposing recreation activities in Fairfax, please come.   This meeting is to investigate "what do people want, what are they willing to do to make it happen, what if any fees to charge, tentative schedule and plan for 2007".

The Parks & Recreation Department is not looking to take over existing sports groups, more like, to complement existing sports/programs.  All volunteer community sports will stay as they are.  They can provide the Dept their contact information in order to refer inquiries to them and this info can be included their info in the "guide".   The Parks & Recreation Dept is a central point of contact for those seeking information regarding recreation opportunities in Fairfax. 

The Recreation Programming meeting tonight is an attempt to see who and what interests are out there, and if there is enough interest to possibly become a regular committee or not.  As the Deparment is evolving from a Park construction effort to recreation, we are trying out ideas for future committee organization, this was an attempt to see if their are people wanting more recreation opportunities and whether they would want to be an established decision making group.

Room 408 is in the original school building, first floor.  From library entrance turn right three times and you'll be in the classroom where the meeting will be.

I'd encourage all those from seniors, couples to families with babies to attend and let us know what you'd like to see offerred in Fairfax.

Thank you,
Carol

Carol Lizotte
Fairfax Community Park Project Manager
Fairfax Parks & Recreation Director

Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department
Town of Fairfax
P.O. Box 27
Fairfax VT 05454
(802) 827-9723 or cal100@educert.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]