Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:20:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Gas prices continue to fall across our region??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gas prices continue to fall across our region??  ( 2562 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 13, 2011, 08:11:18 AM »

WCAX Reports that gas prices are dropping.  I will have to make sure I check when I go down to the village later today.

According to WCAX, the average price for a gallon of regular is now $3.75 in New Hampshire, a nearly four cent drop over the past week and an 18 cent drop over the past month.

In Vermont the average price is $3.83, two cents lower than last week and 12 cents lower than a month ago. New York's average price is higher at $3.94, but it's fallen three cents in the past week and 21 cents in the past month.

Nationally prices have fallen just over five cents in the past week to an average of $3.71.

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : June 13, 2011, 09:21:30 AM »

Good Morning , Henry      Just got back yesterday afternoon from attending my grandson's HS graduation  in Glen Ellyn , Illinois.......Since I enjoy driving, I drove both ways and  thus ,I was able to see the variety of gasoline prices in the 5 state trip, ranging from $ 3.549 in Florida to 3.389 in Georgia up to $ 4.279 in Jeff's town and $ 4.459 in Chicago . I read an article in the Chicago Tribune while I was there which was very interesting and enlightning regarding oil profits . It seems that the typical profit line ( pure profit after expenses ) for oil companies nationwide is $ 30.00 on a barrel ( currently @ 102.00 cost per barrel ), but in the Chicago area  , because that section of the country is sending part of their inventory to other sections of the midwest in order to make up for PLANNED refinery shutdowns , the profit line is $ 50.00 on the barrel . This Chicago price of course is affecting consumers decisions of where and what to spend for goods and materials , as it is all over the country ,but just more severely .What other industries can manufacture a product to produce that level of profitability willfully and then , when questioned by the government , claim to be unable to reduce their costs ????   Extremely tough situation for all of us , for sure. 
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : June 14, 2011, 01:17:26 AM »

$4.14 in Anchorage 6-13-2011, down 6 cents.

Seen it as low as $4.11.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: