Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:24:58 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  seeking one paperback
« previous next »
: [1]
: seeking one paperback  ( 3709 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : June 14, 2011, 09:18:47 AM »

This worked once before when the library needed an extra copy of a popular book, so I'll try again!

We are looking for a copy of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See - hardcover or paperback would be fine.
Does anyone have one sitting on a shelf collecting dust they could donate to the library?  Our copy went missing.

Thanks!
cedarman
: 370

« #1 : June 14, 2011, 11:40:21 AM »

we have many boxes of books in our attic collecting dust.  They are a mix of paperback and hard cover spanning a wide range of topics. Would the library be interested in accepting these?
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« #2 : June 14, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »

Dear Cedarman,
Thanks for the offer.  We have very limited to no storage so I can't take a lot.  One box at a time is okay. 
Our guidelines include:
NO:  musty or mildewed books, tattered/stained books, very outdated books, Reader's Digest, textbooks, or encyclopedias.

St. Albans and Milton libraries take larger amounts of donations, or the  Goodwill on Shelburne Rd in South Burlington.

If you have Snow Fan...we'll take it !  :)
mrome
: 37

« #3 : June 14, 2011, 10:12:51 PM »

The Varnum Library in Jeffersonville accepts donations of used books, which they sell at their annual book sale that is coming up on July 3.

Margo
: [1]  
« previous next »
: