Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:25:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Guy Vanzo's Mother Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Guy Vanzo's Mother Passes Away  ( 2033 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 03, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »

Charlotte T. Vanzo

Funeral information

Home: Highland Falls, NY

Place of Birth: Highland Falls, NY

Date of Death: June 23, 2011

Birthdate: April 20, 1926

Mass Service: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:00 AM Sacred Heart Church, Highland Falls, NY

Visitation: Monday, June 27, 2011 5:00 - 8:00 pm at William F. Hogan Funeral Home, Highland Falls, NY

Charlotte T. Vanzo, longtime area resident, passed away on Thursday, June 23, 2011 at Orange Regional Medical Center in Goshen, NY. She was 85. Daughter of the late Charles and Catharine Lewis O'Connor, she was born in Highland Falls, NY on April 20, 1926.

After graduating one year early with honors from Ladycliff College, Charlotte started her career as a social worker with the New York Foundling Hospital in New York City. She later went on to Notre Dame where she became a faculty research librarian. Charlotte's last employment before marriage and motherhood was as a librarian at the West Point Library. While raising her five children, she enjoyed substituting at the Highland Falls Middle School and working at the Marine Midland Bank and USAA, both in Highland Falls.

An avid reader her whole life, Charlotte was also a stalwart patron of the Highland Falls Library where she enjoyed borrowing mystery novels, biographies, and the latest fiction. Charlotte loved to tell colorful stories about her children and grandchildren to anyone who would listen, or listen again.

Charlotte is survived by her husband Alfred P. Vanzo, at home, son, Guy M. Vanzo and his wife Barbara of Westford, VT, daughters, Regina T. Fiorentino and her husband Mark of White Plains, NY, Laura V. Marmor and her husband Jeffrey of Sugar Loaf, NY, Patricia A. Vanzo of Highland Falls, NY, Allison M. Skoog and her husband James J. of Cornwall, NY sister, Jane Coundjeris of Frederick, MD, 12 grandchildren, nieces and nephews.

Visitation will be held from 5-8 PM on Monday, June 27, 2011 at William F. Hogan Funeral Home, 135 Main Street, Highland Falls, NY. A funeral mass will be celebrated at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at Sacred Heart Church, 353 Main Street, Highland Falls, NY. Cremation will take place at Cedar Hill Crematory, Middle Hope, NY.

Memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, PO Box 1000, Dept. 142, Memphis, TN 38148-0142. www.stjude.org

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: